This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Firefox update issues?

OK, this is Firefox 2.0.0.5 running on an XP Home (fully patched) box.

The update to FF 2.0.0.6 has downloaded fine, but when it goes to install updates, I get "An error occurred. Please make sure that all application are closed and you have permission to modify files, and then restart Firefox and try again".

The only thing that's changed since older updates is that I have a different firewall (Sygate), but that shouldn't affect things much.

Attempting to install 2.0.0.6 manually gets "Error opening foo/foo/foo/firefox.exe: access is denied".

All previous update cycles have gone fine, this is the only one I've ever had issues with.

I'd guess the best course of action now is a complete un/reinstall, but was just wondering if there were any other tricks I could use first.
    "I am quite confident that I do exist."
    "Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up." The Doctor

I didn't have any trouble with the update. It seems like it is trying to modify system files, and something is stopping it.
    The only words you said that I understood were "His", "Phone" and "Ya'll". The other 2 paragraphs worth was about as intelligible as a drunken Teletubby barkin' come on's at a Hooter's waitress.

Comment

1) Go to www.getfirefox.com and download a fresh copy

2) Boot into safe mode, make sure you use the Admin account, and install from there.
      Lady, people aren't chocolates. D'you know what they are mostly? Bastards. Bastard-coated bastards with bastard filling. Dr Cox - Scrubs

Comment

Working...
      X