This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Outlook Express problem

I recently switched to using OE for emails instead of going to Verizon directly. I have 3 email addresses. One is the main one I use for most stuff. One I use for all of my eBay stuff and one is for family emails.

When I set up OE, and sent an email to each address they all got the email fine. However. I can only email out on the primary address. I have the pop3, ingoing and outgoing settings correct. I have the box checked to send the password that Verizon requires and the password on all 3 accounts is the same and filled out correctly.

Anybody have a quick solution?

Can I set OE to get my yahoo emails (Messenger stuff mostly) as well?
    This isn't an office. It's Hell with fluorescent lighting.

Quoth bigjimaz View Post
    However. I can only email out on the primary address.
    When you go to "Create Mail" or "Reply" to an opened email there is the Title Bar, File Menu Bar, and then a Tool Bar. Directly under those should be the "From" (And then "To", "CC", and "Subject.") field. The From field is already filled in with your default account. At the far right of that text entry box there SHOULD be a drop down list arrow.

Is it there?

Yes. It is there and all three accounts appear. I scroll down to one and pick it and it sends from that account. sms001, you are indeed the King of the Monkey People.
    Yes. It is there and all three accounts appear. Choosing one of the others besides the default however, results in no mail being sent. Fail.
    Yes. It is there but there are no accounts other than the default listed. Fail.
    No. There is no pick list. Super Fail.

If this isn't barking up the right tree, could you throw some more details at me regarding "I can only email out on the primary address."? Can you select other accounts to send from but they fail to go out?

Lemme know.

Comment

Quoth bigjimaz View Post
      Anybody have a quick solution?
      Mozilla Thunderbird. Problem solved.

I can't stand Outlook and OE. But good luck to you.
      Jim: Fact: Bears eat beets. Bears. Beets. Battlestar Gallactica.
      Dwight: Bears don't eat bee... Hey! What are you doing?
      The Office

Comment

Quoth Shabo View Post
        Mozilla Thunderbird. Problem solved.

I can't stand Outlook and OE. But good luck to you.
        Seconded. No clue on an actual in-situ fix, since I haven't touched Outlook since Mozilla put in their mail client.
        ...WHY DO YOU TEMPT WHAT LITTLE FAITH IN HUMANITY I HAVE!?! -- Kalga
        And I want a pony for Christmas but neither of us is getting what we want OK! What you are asking is impossible. -- Wicked Lexi

Comment

But in all seriousness, Thunderbird allows you to email out from any client that you have set up just by changing the "From:" field with a drop down menu. Also, it doesn't send out those obnoxious winmail.dat files that other people can't open unless they have the winmail reader or use outlook themselves. Curse you, MS!

You can even import all of your settings from outlook to thunderbird, and the program interfaces aren't too different from each other. I highly recommend the switch for you.
          The Office

Comment

Quoth Shabo View Post
            But in all seriousness, Thunderbird ....
            Yeppers. tbird fan here too - for both win and linux. BUT. Bigjimaz specified "quick fix" which hints at a little less learning curve than a whole new interface, so I guess we should wait for him to weigh in on the responses so far. where are ya BJ? it's been four days!

Comment

Sorry it's taken me so long to get back to this thread. I had a...thing.

I downloaded Thunderbird and everything is working fine. Thanks folks. Appreciate it.
              This isn't an office. It's Hell with fluorescent lighting.

Comment

Woohoo! Another convert!
                The Office

Comment

Quoth Shabo View Post
                  Woohoo! Another convert!
                  "One of us. One of us. One of us..."

Rapscallion (I think that's a reference...)

Comment

Quoth Shabo View Post
                    Woohoo! Another convert!
                    I had to convert to Thunderbird a while back . . . for some stupid reason known only to MS, I couldn't get the Outlook to install on this laptop - and wouldn't take the serial number off the bottom of the laptop on the authenticity certificate.

Even funnier: the version of Outlook on Vista is a trial version - meaning I'd have to pay for a full version to keep using it.

Not on your life . . . as much as I'm paying for this laptop, I'd better have an email program that works, so it was off to the Mozilla site I went.

Problem solved and it works great.
                    Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

Working...
                    X