This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Disapearing email

So I opened my email the other day and my inbox was empty. I had not deleted the emails that were supposed to be there because they were still important (I checked just in case) so now I have a missing email from my professor and I don't know how to recover it.

Anyone know what might have happened and how to get it back?
    If more details I'm happy to oblige but I'm not tech savvy so please be patient.
    How was I supposed to know someone was slipping you Birth Control in the food I've been making for you lately?

Mandatory details that are needed before the next step: Which OS (Windows XP, Vista, etc), and which email program?

Comment

I'm using Windows XP and my university's web based email program.
      How was I supposed to know someone was slipping you Birth Control in the food I've been making for you lately?

Comment

Oof. As in you open up Internet Explorer or Mozilla Firefox or Opera or Safari, and get to your email from there?

If so, you're at the mercy of the university IT department. Only they can recover the emails. They're not stored on your machine, only the remote. I don't know of anything I could do to recover those emails.

Comment

Damn, thanks anyway.

Comment

You don't happen to go to school in Missouri, do you?

Think back to the last time you checked your email, and you know, had email. Did you use Microsoft Outlook? If so, then go to that computer, and you're bound to have email!

Also, you don't use Thunderbird, or anything like it to check your school email, right? If you do, check that.

If it was webmail, then go to the IT mavens on bended knee. Let them know when you checked it last and had email, when you checked it and had no email. Try to send yourself an email from another account. Let them know what happens. If you get an undeliverable message, give them a copy.

Unless you're in a pretty big school, the email server admin should get to your issue pretty quick. We're having the same issue with some of our students, (thankfully no faculty or staff yet :: knock on wood :: )) Adding the student's name to the mailbox permissions usually clears it up.

Let me know what happens!!
            SC: “Yeah, Bob’s Company. I'm Bob. It's my company.” - GK
            SuperHotelWorker made my Avi!!

Comment

Working...
            X