This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Misbehaving Modem

On my parents' computer, when I go to some sites (this one isn't one of them), the internet will shut down and I have to restart it again. Luckily, it gives me the option to restart where I had left off. I pretty sure it's the modem because when I plug in my laptop with the internet cord that's connected to the router and I go to the same sites the internet stays open.

Sometimes, it occurs several times in a row. It's really getting annoying.
    My Fanfic Page
    My Fiction Page
    My Social Group
    My Pet Social Group
    My You Tube Channel

I've seen this problem before. It's not your modem. Try clearing your cookies, temp internet files, etc. by (on IE6) going to Tools --> Internet Options --> "Delete Cookies --> Ok --> Delete Files --> Check off "Delete all offline content" --> Ok --> Clear history --> Yes --> Click "OK" at bottom of window, close IE, reopen, try again. Also update Java and Flash. Java can be found at Java.sun.com and Flash at adobe.com.

If this still doesn't work, post again with what operating system you have and what version of IE or whatever browser you use. And what websites you visit.
    Jim: Fact: Bears eat beets. Bears. Beets. Battlestar Gallactica.
    Dwight: Bears don't eat bee... Hey! What are you doing?
    The Office

Comment

What about on Firefox? That's the browser that's used on my parents' computer.
      My Fanfic Page
      My Fiction Page
      My Social Group
      My Pet Social Group
      My You Tube Channel

Comment

Yay Firefox user!

Okay, this one is even easier. (For newest version, which you should upgrade to if you haven't already) Go to Tools --> Options --> Privacy --> Then, under Private Data, click Settings --> Check off everything you want to clear --> then click Clear Now.

You can also set your cookies to delete every time you close the browser. In the same area as above, under Cookies (right above Private Data) use the drop down menu to select --> I close Firefox. This will clear your cookies all the time. I have that option only because it keeps my cookies from becoming a nuisance, and I don't particularly care if websites want to track my movements or recommend products to me. However, some people like that, so they wouldn't want to clear their cookies all the time. It's a personal preference really.

Let us know how that goes!
        Jim: Fact: Bears eat beets. Bears. Beets. Battlestar Gallactica.
        Dwight: Bears don't eat bee... Hey! What are you doing?
        The Office

Comment

Working...
        X