Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Upgrading power supply for gaming PC, version 2.0

Hey y'all,

Not only had I returned to this forum before Lil' Zel started bitching AGAIN about his gaming PC as I ranted about on another thread that can be found here: https://www.customerssuck.com/board/...-for-gaming-pc

So, does anyone know about maximum specs when it comes to power supply + RAM capacity when it comes to a MSI X10 computer? Right now he's going on a 450W power supply and 16 GB RAM. Also, he has MANY ideas on how to improve my ancient Acer Aspire X office PC so I can stream Twitch without lagging but I'd like a second opinion on that.
    Last edited by NorthernZel; 06-06-2022, 12:48 AM.
    A theory states that if anyone discovers exactly what the Universe is for, it will be replaced by something even more bizarre and inexplicable.

Another theory states that this has already happened.

I did a little digging on this and that computer. Unless I found the wrong one, it can take up to 64gb of memory (2 sticks of 32gb each.) They get a bit pricey when you to that size of memory.

The big issue (that I somehow missed last time) is that it uses a non-standard 10pin power supply and not the standard 24pin type. That makes it harder to replace. You would have to get a powersupply that is made for that computer and the 450w is the largest you can get of the 10pin made for it.

My hope is that the specs I found are for a different model in that line. I would need the computers full model number (normally found near the S/N) or the model number of the power supply.

I would need the full model number of the Acer too to determine what it has now and what can be done to it. The Acer full model number should look something like axc-603g-uw13 (I would be shocked if you have the exact same number as the example)

Comment

Sorry about the late reply, but I had some work related things to do. All I know is that my current PC is not Windows 11 compatible so I doubt any changes to RAM cards and the like would change anythings. Anyhoo, Lil'Zel has changed his mind to obtain a moped license instead (yes, that's a thing over here!) so I'll focus on that for now.
      A theory states that if anyone discovers exactly what the Universe is for, it will be replaced by something even more bizarre and inexplicable.

Another theory states that this has already happened.

Comment

Working...
      X