Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anybody know about Android phones and ringtones??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anybody know about Android phones and ringtones??

Specifically, where I can get a specific ringtone or how I can "make" it and use it on my phone?

For giggles, I want the "I fart in your general direction!" from Monty Python and the Holy Grail as a "ringtone" (maybe). I think it would be hilarious.
    Skilled programmers aren't cheap. Cheap programmers aren't skilled.

It is easy to do. I do it by USB file transfer from my computer to my Android phone. Save the sound file to the ringtone folder on your phone. It should be available on your list of ringtones. I did this with a WAV file and an MP3 file. You might also be able to transfer the sound file by email to your phone.
    "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

There are websites that will let you make a ringtone from any audio clip, I can't remember the name of the one I use offhand.
      "I am quite confident that I do exist."
      "Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up." The Doctor

Comment

If you can get the clip as a video file, just separate out the audio and save that to mp3. If you already have an audio file, then yeah, convert to and mp3 and it'll will work natively on Android. That's what I do. Note that you may have more than one folder called "Ringtones" on your phone. Poke around and drop the audio into each one and test it, one at a time, until you find the right one. I would suggest renaming any such files to begin with something unusual (I use RT_ ) as a prefix to keep them all together and make them stand out.
        "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
        "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
        "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
        "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
        "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
        "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
        Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
        "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Working...
        X