Too many me's on Zoom...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Too many me's on Zoom...

I have had some sort of glitch with Zoom now-when I load up,it asks if I want to connect with audio. If I decline,no-one can hear me.If I accept,another Zoom starts up and there are two identical me's in the room. Once we have identified one of them and removed it from the room, everything works fine. Until that's done,there is terrible feedback from the two me's echoing. If there's any way to rectify it it would be muchly appreciated.

(actually that is an improvement on before,when two identical me's loaded up,one with vision only and one with sound only, so you had one picture of me with a mouth moving not saying anything, whilst the words came out of a different picture of me which was frozen-at least now we've married up sound and pictures to remove the disembodied voice)
    The Copyright Monster has made me tell you that my avatar is courtesy of the wonderful Alice XZ.And you don't want to annoy the Copyright Monster.

It sounds like something's being launched by the system to handle A/V and it's getting in the way. It could be a device driver, or something like Snap which can add filters between the camera and the Zoom feed.

Do you have a Mac or PC? On a PC, update all the drivers to start, then go through the various settings to ensure it's picking up the right things from the right place, and work along the chain. I can't give more specific info as I don't have up-to-date experience with that setup.

On a Mac, check the default inputs are set to the right things, usually "default" is fine but picking the devices you know to be correct is often a good idea (on my MacBook, the camera's called Facetime HD Camera, but I also have iGlasses and Snap Camera which get asked to start if required and then use the Facetime camera as their own input, which is then sent into Zoom with appropriate modifications. Similarly it should be "built-in microphone" or whatever the device is that you've plugged in if you have an external one.)
    This was one of those times where my mouth says "have a nice day" but my brain says "go step on a Lego". - RegisterAce
    I can't make something magically appear to fulfill all your hopes and dreams. Believe me, if I could I'd be the first person I'd help. - Trixie

Comment

Working...
    X