Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Firefox 113 upgrade mucked with Youtube video player size somehow....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Firefox 113 upgrade mucked with Youtube video player size somehow....

So I recently upgraded to Firefox 113, and I really detest some of the changes in it. They changed a whole lot of UI things that really bug me, but the one I'm actively trying to fix is that if I have Firefox set up like a normal dang program, with the menu bar visible, it shrinks the YT video player by about 20% (which makes things super hard to see sometimes) and adds a ton of whitespace on the left and right sides of the page.

To get the video player the same size as I *previously had it before I upgraded*, I have to toggle off the menu bar - which means that a) there's no quick access to bookmarks or anything, and b) if I Alt to get to the menus, the size bounces up and down. What few relevant search results I've had point to a viewport size issue depending on whether the menu bar is enabled or not, but there's nothing on how to fix or change it.

I'm already using a CSS stylesheet to remedy *several* other annoyances, and I'm not averse to adding things to it, but I don't know enough to write it myself.

Anyone manage to tweak this?

Edit: posting makes me try something new. Turning off the title bar also gets me the proper video player size back, leaving just the menu bar at the top of the screen. Bah. UI changes make me grumpy.
    Last edited by Ceir; 05-25-2023, 03:18 AM.
    Cheap, fast, good. Pick two.
    They want us to read minds, I want read/write.

Have you seen if this issue persists without your custom CSS? I've just checked with my own copy of Firefox 113 and I don't have the same problem. I have all the chrome displayed and the video looks the same size as it does in my other browsers.
    This was one of those times where my mouth says "have a nice day" but my brain says "go step on a Lego". - RegisterAce
    I can't make something magically appear to fulfill all your hopes and dreams. Believe me, if I could I'd be the first person I'd help. - Trixie

Comment

Working...
    X