Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Two Win 11 Computers, 1 Printer...can't print from one computer...any thoughts??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Two Win 11 Computers, 1 Printer...can't print from one computer...any thoughts??

Ok, here's how the situation goes. My wife has a Windows 11 computer (upgraded from Windows 10). We have a Brother DCP-7065DN printer connected to it.

When we were both on Windows 10, I could easily connect to that printer from my computer (it is shared out on our home network).

Anyhow, when she upgraded to Windows 11 (my Win 10 can't, for some reason) I could no longer connect to the printer, and so I would need to use her computer to print things.

Well, now, I have a Windows 11 laptop, and I'm having the same issue. My laptop can see her computer, and the printer on her computer, but can't connect to it.

So I'm obviously missing something. I've tried every username/password combo that she's given me to try, so either the username/password she's giving me is wrong (because she said she doesn't recall it specifically), or I'm obviously missing something.

Any suggestions?

I'm running Norton 360 as my AV tool on all our machines, if that's helpful in any way.
    Skilled programmers aren't cheap. Cheap programmers aren't skilled.

Have you checked the network share settings on the printer?
    "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

Is the printer connected USB to your wife's computer? Or is it on the network?
      I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
      Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
      Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

Ironclad Alibi I don't know that it has those particular settings. All I know is that when she upgraded to Windows 11, I could no longer access the printer from my Win10 machine and now my Win11 machine.

dalesys It's connected to my wife's computer via USB.

So when I go to connect, I see my wife's computer on our local (home) network, and I can see the printer.
        Skilled programmers aren't cheap. Cheap programmers aren't skilled.

Comment

Working...
        X