Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

MS Office wants to move me halfway around the world...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MS Office wants to move me halfway around the world...

Got new computer and have gone to load in MS Office. Added product key-no problem. Next section is 'Choose region'-for some reason the only option that comes up is Zimbabwe! Is there any way to change it to the correct one,or if I do proceed with it,is it going to create any problems if it's showing I'm registered in Zimbabwe?
    The Copyright Monster has made me tell you that my avatar is courtesy of the wonderful Alice XZ.And you don't want to annoy the Copyright Monster.

Have you used that Key before? This suggests that the Key is for an edition that is locked to Zimbabwe. Contact MS Support if not.
    "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
    "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
    "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
    "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
    "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
    "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
    Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
    "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

This was the key that was supplied to me when I purchased MS Office as an add-on to the new computer at the store. Everything including the card with the Key on is fresh out of the box.
      The Copyright Monster has made me tell you that my avatar is courtesy of the wonderful Alice XZ.And you don't want to annoy the Copyright Monster.

Comment

Yeah, contact MS about that one. Scan your purchase receipt in, as they might want proof. Even if there are no shenanigans going on at the store side, they'd want to know if a reseller got the wrong codes/packages sent to them.
        "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
        "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
        "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
        "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
        "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
        "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
        Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
        "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Working...
        X