Removing bookmarks on a PDF document

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Removing bookmarks on a PDF document

Hey all, is it possible to remove the bookmarks ONLY from a PDF document?

I have to send someone a copy of a document. I downloaded the doc to my laptop. When I open the doc, it shows my bookmarks at the top and bottom of the page. I don't want to send the document with all of those bookmarks, I JUST want to send the document itself. I tried taking a screen shot but of course it copied the entire page including the bookmarks.

Is there a way to remove them from the document WITHOUT removing them from my Firefox homepage? This is on laptop only, I cannot use my phone for this.
    When you start at zero, everything's progress.

How to Remove a Bookmark from a PDF File
    • Tap the icon in the navigation toolbar.
    • Tap to see all bookmarks.
    • Swipe left on each bookmark and press “Delete.” The bookmark will be removed.

"I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

II saw those instructions when I googled this problem myself.

am trying to do this on my laptop. I can't swipe - I cannot use my phone for this, it's old and crappy and I don't use it for anything except calls and texting.

I tried deleting the bookmarks on the pdf document but it removes them from my home page as well, which is what I wanted to avoid.
      Last edited by MoonCat; 10-20-2023, 04:31 AM.

Comment

Use "Save as..." to make a working copy to edit?
        I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
        Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
        Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

Quoth dalesys View Post
          Silly me. I thought that was obvious.

Comment

Quoth dalesys View Post
            Tried that, too. It still saves the entire screen including the bookmarks. I can't screenshot it without them; I can't use a clipping tool because I can't see the entire document without scrolling. It's reading the entire screen including bookmarks as "the document". I'm sure there's a way around this but I am not savvy enough with this stuff to figure it out.

I will probably just go ahead and send it to the recipient as is. It just looks weird with the bookmarks and stuff.

Comment

Are you using Adobe Acrobat Reader to view the PDF?

Comment

Whatever you're viewing in presumably has a way to show or hide them. Apparently that can be in the Export menu, which makes little sense but there you go.
                This was one of those times where my mouth says "have a nice day" but my brain says "go step on a Lego". - RegisterAce
                I can't make something magically appear to fulfill all your hopes and dreams. Believe me, if I could I'd be the first person I'd help. - Trixie

Comment

Working...
                X