This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MSN problems

I recently upgraded my friends' computer (early Christmas present), replacing the motherboard, processor, memory, video card, hard drive, and power supply. They're very happy with it (damn thing was getting slow before), except for one thing -- they use MSN Explorer, and it doesn't want to work since I reloaded XP. When they try to sign in, it displays a message about it needing repaired, but when you click on the repair button, it crashes. I tried redownloading it, and that didn't help. I even tried removing it (it shows up as a Windows component), and I get an error code 0x30000102. I was going to try manually deleting the files and registry keys and reinstalling it, but I couldn't find them.

Their copy of XP predates SP2, so I had to download it, along with a ton of other updates. I had trouble getting an update related to the .Net framework, so I'm wondering if that had something to do with it. I eventually got the update to work, but MSN still doesn't work.

I'm attaching a couple screen shots, with the profanities edited out.
    Attached Files
    Sometimes life is altered.
    Break from the ropes your hands are tied.
    Uneasy with confrontation.
    Won't turn out right. Can't turn out right

Might be a silly question, but have you tried installing MSN Messenger on the machine? Or is that something that's bundled with MSN Explorer?

I'm googling, but the only thing I'm seeing that with is Vista.

http://www.eggheadcafe.com/software/...5--msnmet.aspx

I'll peek around a little more tomorrow.
    SC: “Yeah, Bob’s Company. I'm Bob. It's my company.” - GK
    SuperHotelWorker made my Avi!!

Comment

Hey, Jennifer, why don't you look at the pretty pictures and quit making assumptions?!?!? :: If possible, try downgrading their MSN messenger. Apparently there are conflicts.
      SC: “Yeah, Bob’s Company. I'm Bob. It's my company.” - GK
      SuperHotelWorker made my Avi!!

Comment

Working...
      X