X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• sound from DVD

BIG DISCLAIMER
    I am NOT trying to advocate copying DVD's in any way shape or form with this question. what I want to do is for very very very limted personal use ONLY

end disclaimer

does anyone know of a way I can copy just the audio portion of a DVD to say an mp3 file? there is ONE and only ONE DVD I want to do this for. I want to chunck up the sound track for the songs (and maybe the alternative track for the audience callbacks) and move the songs to a CD (again for a very limted personal use ONLY). (waves hand in the air) yes I am a Rocky Horror Picture Show fan.

I did this years ago on a cassette deck hooked up to my receiver/amp and my DVD player hooked into receiver/amp but the sound quality was not there.

any suggestions or programs out there that may do this??
    I'm lost without a paddle and headed up SH*T creek.
    -- Life Sucks Then You Die.

"I'll believe corp. are people when Texas executes one."

There is a site. http://www.videohelp.com/ that has all kinds of "How to" guides on anything to do with Videos.

Comment

I never could figure out why it's such a bifg deal to copy DVD's & CD's when back in the day you'd see people copy music onto cassettes & nobody ever said a damn word about that. I still do that...lol.

Comment

Because back then, it wasn't possible for one person to crack a DVD, and distribute that copy to thousands of people.
        Ba'al: I'm a god. Gods are all-knowing.

http://unrelatedcaptions.com/45147

Comment

Depending on what it is you want you may be able to ask the studio that produced the DVD, they may of course charge you a sum to do this but it may be possible.
          A PSA, if I may, as well as another.

Comment

Quoth ringo View Post
            There is a site. http://www.videohelp.com/ that has all kinds of "How to" guides on anything to do with Videos.
            thanks for the site suggestion Ringo I was able to wade thru the site and find a dvd audio ripper. now I need to see if it works

Quoth crazylegs View Post
            Depending on what it is you want you may be able to ask the studio that produced the DVD, they may of course charge you a sum to do this but it may be possible.
            all 20th century fox would tell me to do is go buy the 15th annivercy album/cd. the problem there is that the songs are different AND one or two songs are NOT on the album (not sure why but I know for sure that Sword of Damaclease is NOT on the album not even the original soundtrack LP from the 70's )

again thanks for the help

Comment

Quoth Bright_Star View Post
              I never could figure out why it's such a bifg deal to copy DVD's & CD's when back in the day you'd see people copy music onto cassettes & nobody ever said a damn word about that. I still do that...lol.
              Because before you couldn't include copyguards and copy protection on a analog audio tape or a record. and while you could do protection on a VHS Tape there were certain brands of VCR's and even TV's that would remove the protections, hell you could even run a inline device to remove the protections.

The problem with DVD's and to a lesser extent CD's, is that every copy (once the protections are dissabled) can be just as good as the original. When you copy analog you get signal degrigation, when you copy digital and keep it digital you can get perfect flawless copies ever time (if you do it right).

And with the advent of CD and DVD duplication equipment that can copy multiple copies at a time, one of mine will do 11 copies at a time. Don't wory its for work and I only copy discs for the copyright holder. But the faster duplicators make it easier to enable running a thousand copies to sell for 4 bucks a pop at the swap meet. Where before if it was VHS you were making a copy of a tape that you rented at blockbuster or borrowed from your buddy for your own personal use.
              My Karma ran over your dogma.

Comment

Quoth ringo View Post

thank you thank you thank you Ringo. I found a program on that site (30 day trial) that does EXACTLY what I wanted it to do. heck I may even buy the program for concert DVD's that I have

again thanks

Comment

May be too little, too late, but this is a pretty good program for that. It's freeware and it works pretty well.

http://dvd-mp3.org/index.html
                  Age and wisdom don't necessarily go together. Some people just become stupid with more authority.

"Who put the goat in there? The yellow goat I ate."

Comment

thanks Knightmare I will take a look at that one esp if it is freeware.

Comment

Working...
                    X