This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Windows Taskbar Missing

My sister has somehow managed to lose her taskbar. She has Windows XP running. It's not on auto-hide. It's not on any of the sides of her screen. She has no viruses (That I could find. She only has Norton on there.) I can't figure it out for the life of me. Any ideas?
    "I've found that when you want to know the truth about someone, that someone is probably the last person you should ask." - House

Is it possible that it was unlocked, and then dragged down so that it's hiding?
    Ba'al: I'm a god. Gods are all-knowing.

http://unrelatedcaptions.com/45147

Comment

Nope. I checked all four sides and it isn't there.
      "I've found that when you want to know the truth about someone, that someone is probably the last person you should ask." - House

Comment

Go to the Control Panel then "Taskbar and Start Menu". There you will be able to get it to be seen.

Comment

Another way you can find it, is hit "Ctrl-Esc". That will launch the "start" menu.

Comment

Tried those both already. Neither things worked.

Comment

dead systray maybe? trya repair install if all else fails

Comment

If you boot the machine into Safe Mode, is the Taskbar there? If not, your install is hosed, you need to run a repair installation. If the repair install doesnt fix it, well, time to back files up.

If it IS there in Safe Mode, you may just have a profile problem and need to rebuild that one user profile. Try logging in as the Administrator and see if the Taskbar is still gone.

Comment

Also, if it hasn't been rebooted at all since the problem started (it's not an obvious connection, is it?) try doing a Ctrl+Alt+Del to bring up the task manager. If that works, go under "File->New Task (Run...)" and try re-launching "explorer.exe". Actually, try doing that even if you have rebooted.
                  ...WHY DO YOU TEMPT WHAT LITTLE FAITH IN HUMANITY I HAVE!?! -- Kalga
                  And I want a pony for Christmas but neither of us is getting what we want OK! What you are asking is impossible. -- Wicked Lexi

Comment

Working...
                  X