This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vista and Youtube?

OK, this is a new one. I have Vista, latest Firefox with NoScript (but I have it set to allow Youtube). Starting about 5 minutes ago, I can no longer view any YT videos. I get the error message "you either have Javascript turned off or an old version of Flash Player"...neither of which is true. Any ideas?

If it helps, my ISP is Comcast and I know they've been doing some funny things with packetshaping/throttling recently. I have no issues with youtube on an XP desktop though (same ISP so that can't be the problem).
    Last edited by Dreamstalker; 01-31-2008, 02:13 AM.
    "I am quite confident that I do exist."
    "Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up." The Doctor

I had this same problem for a while yesterday and then went back and youtube was working fine for me. I wonder if its a issue on the youtube side right now. I was running BT at the time and using a ton of bandwidth so that was probably a issue too.

Yup just checked, YT is working fine for me now.
    My Karma ran over your dogma.

Comment

Just allow you tube. If you have adblock also, then you just have double click on that little round circle
      Under The Moon Paranormal Research
      San Joaquin Valley Paranormal Research

Comment

I have FireFox also. And yeah it does happen to me.
        Under The Moon Paranormal Research
        San Joaquin Valley Paranormal Research

Comment

I figured it out. I'm not sure if this was caused by a Noscript update or something Youtube did, but there was suddenly an additional site that needed allowing "ytimg.com" that didn't before (which leads me to believe it was a picky update).
          "I am quite confident that I do exist."
          "Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up." The Doctor

Comment

Working...
          X