This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lightscribe DVD burner problem

I'm having an annoying problem with my LG Lightscribe DVD burner. I can read discs--play games, listen to music, etc. --but when I try to burn a disc, nothing happens. All I get are "unexpected error" messages. I should mention that my home computer has that drive set as the master, and an older Memorex DVD-ROM drive as the slave. Shortly after I installed the drive, I was told that I needed some 'special cables' for it. However, nobody at the local stores knows what I'm talking about. Any ideas?
    Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines. --Enzo Ferrari

DVD Drives can fail for a number of reasons, poor media, power issues (The power supply isn't strong enough for all the devices, etc).

I know that I have a number of DVD burners myself including an external LG Lightscribe drive (That has no problems). The only reason you would need a "Special Cable" for it is if it is a SATA Drive. But if you are able to use it as a reader then that shouldn't be the case.

I would actually think about changing the spots on the chain for the drives. Maybe putting the burner as the slave on the primary IDE channel and then if you have a second hard drive putting the second hard drive as the master on the second channel and the memorex as the slave the second channel.

Also, have you tried burning just CD's on the LG drive yet or only DVD's. And what type of software are you using to burn with. Have you tried updating the Firmware on the drive.

A good place to get info is http://club.cdfreaks.com/ THey have some great forums and some retardedly high levals of info with their members.
    My Karma ran over your dogma.

Comment

Working...
    X