This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• U3 USB Drive

I just bought my first U3 drive, a Sandisk 16 GB Cruzer.

It's my first exposure to U3 and was wondering if anyone had any advice, tips, etc.

I know that's kind of broad and vague, but I appreciate whatever anyone may have to offer.

Thanks!

ETA: Also, what software would you recommend for just a generic, non U3 toolkit? Obviously antivirus, registry cleaner, etc.
    Last edited by Lachrymose; 05-09-2009, 06:33 PM.

Personally I ignore the U3 -
    I used to store stuff under that with the encryption tool, but lost my data due to some software f-up. I am not sure WHY the encryption died - but I just said screw it.

So when plugging into a PC - the drive shows up as letter F: (depending on the machine) as U3 - then G: CutenoobUSB. I click on the G: and there's my stuff.

I do not use the U3 tools.

Cutenoob
    In my heart, in my soul, I'm a woman for rock & roll.
    She's as fast as slugs on barbituates.

Comment

I have 3 Sandisk flash drives - a 1GB, 4GB, and 8GB.

First thing I did - I took the U3 tools off. Sandisk has a U3 removal tool on their site.

Then I put on PortableApps.com for a software utility, and keep any additional apps in an Apps folder on the flash drive. I learned about PortableApps.com from a college classmate, and I like it. The only problem I've had is that Mozilla runs a bit slow off of the flash drive, but I'll trade that off for the convenience of having Mozilla with my bookmarks wherever I go.

Comment

I have the U3 4GB USB Drive and I love it. Like Rich, I like having my FireFox with my bookmarks on me. I am actually going to get an external hard drive out of my next check. But I am still going to use my USB Drive for the internet and also to store my ghost hunting files onto it. Yeah, I know what i am saying.
        Under The Moon Paranormal Research
        San Joaquin Valley Paranormal Research

Comment

Working...
        X