This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I just want to be sure..

Its not normal to get a BIOS error as a BSOD, right?

Edit: It's funny when they say they've only gotten the blue screen for the past week yet when you look at the event viewer you see that it's been used like normal for over 3 weeks non stop (as far back as I want to go while looking at it remotely).
    Last edited by draggar; 09-17-2009, 04:12 PM.
    Quote Dalesys:
    ... as in "Ifn thet dawg comes at me, Ima gonna shutz ma panz!"

Quoth draggar View Post
    Edit: It's funny when they say they've only gotten the blue screen for the past week yet when you look at the event viewer you see that it's been used like normal for over 3 weeks non stop (as far back as I want to go while looking at it remotely).
    i recently had a rash of those that didnt show up in the event viewer. had to setup mem dumps to find out what was happening, though upgrading to 7 seems to have fixed my issue. it might just be time to reimage their set
    This is a drama-free zone; violators will be slapped. -Irving Patrick Freleigh
    my blog:http://steeledragon.wordpress.com/

Comment

Right now the company standard is XP SP3.

The user is claiming that the PC has been stuck on the BSOD for days yet the security event viewer shows normal activity - constant scans and checks. It's been running and it's been used during those days - I could probably even get who was using them at those times.

What is scaring me is that I see this in the event viewer:
      The device, \Device\Ide\iaStor0, did not respond within the timeout period.

These PCs should only have SATA drives (1 HDD and 1 DVD-ROM) in them - NO IDE. This suggests the primary device on the IDE chain. I wonder if they're trying to circumvent the security protocols we put in place?
      Quote Dalesys:
      ... as in "Ifn thet dawg comes at me, Ima gonna shutz ma panz!"

Comment

I have gotten systems where the user insisted there was a BSOD error, but there was absolutely no errors in the event log.
        After leaving the system running for a couple days in the shop, the BSOD turned out to be for a hard drive that was going bad.

Comment

Working...
        X