This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Firefox Crash Reporter

For some reason Firefox keeps crashing on me (and I don't even want to bother with explorer, its just not working out for me) and displaying this message:

Firefox had a problem and crashed. We'll try to restore your tabs and windows when it restarts. Unfortunately, the crash reporter is unable to submit a crash report. Details: The application did not leave a crash dump file.

I've tried reinstalling and updating firefox and it doesn't change anything.

What addons are you running?
    SC: “Yeah, Bob’s Company. I'm Bob. It's my company.” - GK
    SuperHotelWorker made my Avi!!

Comment

Hmmm...not sure how do I find out? I just looked under Tools and found Add-ons, and that window said Java Quick Starter, My Web Tattoo (Fast Browser Search) and Yahoo Toolbar. Could those be doing it?
      Last edited by DrFaroohk; 10-05-2009, 02:50 PM.

Comment

Tools--> Add ons

Comment

Yep got it, posted an edit at the same time you posted.

Comment

Well, I'm not familiar with My Web Tattoo, but I got some bad entries associated with Fast browser search.

I doubt either Java or Yahoo toolbar would be causing your browser to crash.

Comment

I don't know what those do either I uninstalled them anyway. Seems to be working pretty good so far. What are those addons for anyway?

Comment

Fast browser search seems to be malware, I don't think it has a purpose other than screwing up your system. My Web Tattoo seems to be a program to add designs (tattoos) to your social networking sites.

Uninstalling them, especially if you don't know what they are, is a very good thing.

I would go ahead and run a Malwarebytes or Spybot scan on your computer to be safe.

Comment

Any suggestions for anti spyware stuff? I would just search for one but I remember reading that a lot of those are actually spyware themselves.

Comment

I think I speak for a lot of the techies here when I suggest MalwareBytes. It's about the only scanner I use on computers.

Comment

I used that malwarebytes thing, and it came up with around 150 hits. I'm curious though if it ever finds a completely legitimate program that it just thinks is bad, or if I need to be a little more selective when I hit the delete button.

Comment

In my experience, if MBAM thinks it's bad, it's bad.

Comment

Quoth technical.angel View Post
                          In my experience, if MBAM thinks it's bad, it's bad.
                          Agreed.

Although the "my web tattoo" program/add-on claims to NOT be spyware or malware, it does cause the download of the faster web search, which can cause problems with your system.

Some reports I've read say that the uninstall doesn't work properly. Check out this article for more steps to make it stop using their service and go back to Google.

Eric the Grey
                          In memory of Dena - Don't Drink and Drive

Comment

Working...
                          X