This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• firefox quirk...

I rebooted, restarted, and I dont THINK I have any new updates...

But It may not be a problem with firefox. In firefox while browsing, I hit page DOWN and it scrolls UP, and vice versa... sometimes. it seems to be working for CS at least, but it wont scroll up/down when I use the arrow keys (and it used to).

As wel,l when I click on the page as I used to to make it scroll up/down... I just get a blinking cursor, as though the entire screen were a text document I could edit O.o

Any ideas? I run Win xp pro sp 2.
    Do radioactive cats have 18 half-lives?

Easy way to double check (it may be an extension got borked on an update) is to start Firefox in safe mode.

Start > Programs > Mozilla Firefox > Safe Mode.

It has options to do a variety of things, just disable add-ons, go to the same page and check your cursor.

Depending on how many you have it may be easier to make a list of them, uninstall and reinstall fro scratch. If that's too awkward then you're on to enabling half of them at a time
    Lady, people aren't chocolates. D'you know what they are mostly? Bastards. Bastard-coated bastards with bastard filling. Dr Cox - Scrubs

Comment

Edit->Preferences->Advanced->General

Turn off "always use the cursor keys to navigate within pages", that will fix most (if not all) of it.

Comment

thanks Pedersen! Problem solved

I will blame the cat this time.
        Do radioactive cats have 18 half-lives?

Comment

Working...
        X