X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• iPod help

Hey gang.

I have a bad issue.

EVERY.SINGLE.TIME. I connect my iPod to my PC to recharge, it wipes the iPod's memory! So, next time I go to play something - "There are no artists on this iPod", "There are no albums on this iPod".

And that's without iTunes even loading up!

Any thoughts or suggestions? (other than having to reset it every damn time!)

Thanks....
    When I said "From my research", what I actually meant to say was "Made shit up" - from a thottbot thread

A quick google of "ipod erases itself" shows you're not the only one with this problem. I have't seen any answers yet, except getting it fixed through Apple. Most places suspect the internal database is going bad. Some people have had some luck reconnecting to iTunes and completely restoring their music list.
    The Rich keep getting richer because they keep doing what it was that made them rich. Ditto the Poor.
    "Hy kan tell dey is schmot qvestions, dey is makink my head hurt."
    Hoc spatio locantur.

Comment

Ah... 'erase'... use the wrong word, get a bad search!

Thanks GK! Yes, this isn't the first time I've had this issue, but it chilled out for a while. I suspect it might be a problem that has been mentioned before, but.... if the external HDD isn't connected (even if iTunes is NOT turned to auto-sync), it still wipes... which is the problem! (most of my music is on the external). But then - that leaves a question... some music is on the internal HDD's, and so I shouldn't lose everything...

<sigh>
      When I said "From my research", what I actually meant to say was "Made shit up" - from a thottbot thread

Comment

one cheap option i found is to get a usb wall charger adapter, found one at best buy for 29 that came with a car charger as well, works great for me
        This is a drama-free zone; violators will be slapped. -Irving Patrick Freleigh
        my blog:http://steeledragon.wordpress.com/

Comment

A good temporary workaround, but if you update the contents regularly, waiting for it to recopy the entire library every time gets old. Plus, it makes it harder to tell which episodes of podcasts you've already heard.

There has to be a fix for this. Is there any way to try the iPod with a different computer?
          Now the trouble about trying to make yourself stupider than you really are is that you very often succeed.

Comment

Working...
          X