This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth technical.angel View Post
    On the ETA, it looks pretty good. We'll have to wait for Broom's opinion of the processor. I still need to learn about processors. I should start doing that now!

My only suggestion is that since you are moving to 64bit, check your printer drivers (or tell me what kind of printer you have..), or expect to get a new one.
    I have a HP Deskjet F4280, and I think it should work with wondows 7...though I'm thinking of just keeping it hooked up with my old laptop, (which is pretty much a pseudo desktop, or will be once i get the new lappy). I don't know yet if I'm upgrading the new laptop to windows 7 yet, I want to wait and see what it's like when I get the new laptop.

Comment

You're all good on the printer!

EDIT: Just make sure you get the 64bit drivers!
      SC: “Yeah, Bob’s Company. I'm Bob. It's my company.” - GK
      SuperHotelWorker made my Avi!!

Comment

If you could swing it, get the 3rd choice - newer processor, faster overall hardware....
        The reason I say it is this: People use pcs/lappys for over 2 years. And with lappy's, you can't change internal hardware without pulling teeth from chickens. It's not bloody easy.
        Invest as much as you can to up the hardware as far as possible - it gives you a longer use lifespan of the lappy.

Choice 2 over 1, for sure;
        The FSB is 800 - which is OK - remember the parts have to talk to each other - but the RAM is FASTER speed than the AMD was.

And yes, the intel IS a dual core, for choice 2.

But if you could swing it, get #3.

Cutenoob
        In my heart, in my soul, I'm a woman for rock & roll.
        She's as fast as slugs on barbituates.

Comment

Working...
        X