This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• itunes/ipod/iphone questions

I own a iPod Touch and used iTunes on my laptop because my old PC was much slower than the laptop. Now I have a new PC and tried to use iTunes on it but when I go to sync my iPod on the new PC the warnin makes it sound like I would lose all my songs. How do I make my new PC the main system for my account?

Also if I buy an iPhone will I be able to have the same songs/aps on both or would I need to buy them twice?

Quoth VenomX View Post
    I own a iPod Touch and used iTunes on my laptop because my old PC was much slower than the laptop. Now I have a new PC and tried to use iTunes on it but when I go to sync my iPod on the new PC the warnin makes it sound like I would lose all my songs. How do I make my new PC the main system for my account?

Also if I buy an iPhone will I be able to have the same songs/aps on both or would I need to buy them twice?

Not sure how to make the new PC the main account (I did it a few years ago when I got my new macbook and I can't remember ) But if you get the iPhone there's no need to buy all the same songs/apps again.

Good luck! I hope you don't lose your music (It's a worry of mine too!)
    "Getting to the top is optional. Getting down is mandatory." _Ed Viesturs
    "Love what you do. If you haven't found it yet, keep looking, and don't settle" Steve Jobs

Comment

Quoth VenomX View Post
      Now I have a new PC and tried to use iTunes on it but when I go to sync my iPod on the new PC the warnin makes it sound like I would lose all my songs.

google is your friend-use it love it

"ipod sync multiple computers"

first entry from apple support

have ipod set to manually manage music-and both computers must be runing the same OS
      Honestly.... the image of that in my head made me go "AWESOME!"..... and then I remembered I am terribly strange.-Red dazes

Comment

Will that save my play counts and ratings?

Comment

Quoth VenomX View Post
          Will that save my play counts and ratings?
          no clue-I don't own an ipod-haven't since an apple firmware update(itunes wouldn't sync until the firmware was "updated"-so forced upgrade) bricked mine and they refused to replace it
          Honestly.... the image of that in my head made me go "AWESOME!"..... and then I remembered I am terribly strange.-Red dazes

Comment

Working...
          X