This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Windows 7 Sound issues

So I just bought a brand new PC the other day with Windows 7. Works great, except there is one BIG problem that gets in the way of what I use my PC a lot for.

I cannot record audio output an mic input at the same time.

My Stereo Mix IS enabled and set to default and my default playback is my speakers through the back jack. This lets me record audio output just fine, but it turns off the ability to record input via the mic. If I set the mic to default, it will record fine from the mic, but recording audio no longer works.

The audio drivers are up to date.

I don't know what to do here, I need to be able to record BOTH audio output AND mic input at the same time consistently. I tried looking at google, but so far, no luck. This is absolutely driving me insane, and unless I can get it to work, its basically a $700 brick I can surf the internet on.

Hmmm, not sure on this one. Why do you need to record both audio output and then input on the mic at the same time? I would think it would be easier to record your input on the mic and then use editing software to overlay it on top of what you would be outputing. I've never really done much with recording into my PC but I would think you really can only have it set up to record from one source. I may be wrong though, not anywhere near an expert in the field.

Comment

Working...
    X