This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• iPhone liquid damage sensor

This photo is from a 16GB 3GS, can anyone confirm that those are the liquid sensors and they have not been tripped (in which case they would be red?)

Thanks! Having a bit of trouble with Apple about this, the one in the headphone jack is red but these are white and the "genius" opened it, wouldn't let me see it, and said that the ones inside the phone have tripped.
    Otaku

I don't know, but I do know a story that you will find interesting: http://apple.slashdot.org/story/10/0...Wintertime-Use

Really, the URL says it all. Good luck.

Comment

Quoth Pedersen View Post
      I don't know, but I do know a story that you will find interesting: http://apple.slashdot.org/story/10/0...Wintertime-Use

Really, the URL says it all. Good luck.
      Oh, I know, and what everyone fails to mention is that the same spec sheet shows the operating temperature as 0° to 35° C, you know, it only goes from -30 to +45 here during a normal year, no biggie
      Otaku

Comment

Generally liquid indicators are not enough to either prove or disprove liquid damage. I've seen indicators go off with no liquid contact, and I've seen phones that were clearly submerged in something fairly corrosive (enough to cause corrosion on main boards and components) that have their liquid indicators intact.

However, AT&T and Apple both seem pretty hooked on those indicators. Stupid if you ask me.
        Superman wears Tim Tebow pajamas.

Comment

Quoth Talonetc View Post
          However, AT&T and Apple both seem pretty hooked on those indicators. Stupid if you ask me.

Or they like that many consumers are not willing to argue and will just by another phone or make it not their problem. It kinda sucks when they seem to want to pass the buck onto the people they supposed to depend on to stay in business.
          I'm sorry reading is not a new concept it has been widely taught in our nation for at least the past 100 years. Please, learn to do it CORRECTLY before you become contagious.

Comment

Try ipodsickbay.com. I've had luck with them in the past working on dead iPods.

SirWired

Comment

Working...
            X