This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IE8 Browsing History Disabled

Starting yesterday, Internet Explorer is not longer keeping track of my browsing history. It is as though it has been turned off, and I would like it turned on. It comes in handy at times.

I use Vista, and have IE8 version 8.0.6001.18904.

I have Googled the problem, visited MicroSoft's web site, etc. but none of the offered solutions work.

I am not using inPrivate browsing. And the history is not being deleted on exit. It is not being saved in the first place.

Any suggestions?
    "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

A few:
    1) Use Safari
    2) Use Chrome
    3) Use Firefox

Now the trouble about trying to make yourself stupider than you really are is that you very often succeed.

Comment

I'd offer to help, but I've never used IE8. It's actually banned at my work, too.

^-.-^
      Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Inexplicably, the history feature started working about a couple of hours ago. This was not in response to anything other than using IE8. I have no idea what happened to either stop it or start it again. Just another fun thing about computers.

Comment

Quoth HYHYBT View Post
          A few:
          1) Use Safari
          2) Use Chrome
          3) Use Firefox

My thoughts exactly. I love my Firefox, especially for the multiple browser windows.
          Dull women have immaculate homes.

Comment

If it happens again I would go to tools and select internet options, after that go to the advanced tab and click reset.
            Jacob (F&R Computer Man)

Comment

Quoth Exaspera View Post
              I love my Firefox, especially for the multiple browser windows.
              To be fair, most browsers have tabbed browsing now, even IE.
              "You can only try so hard to look like you are working before actually doing your work seems easy in comparison" -My Boss

CW: So what exactly do you do in retentions?
              Me: ummm, I ....retent stuff?

Comment

Quoth F&R Computer Man View Post
                If it happens again I would go to tools and select internet options, after that go to the advanced tab and click reset.
                That was one of the things I tried, but it didn't work.

Comment

Well, the history has disappeared again on IE8. And also on a Thursday. Is there a connection there? I tried a number of things to restore, but nothing works. Maybe it will come back on Monday like last time. Not that it matters. I ordered Windows 7 and will be installing it when it arrives. Not that I had planned anything else to do the following week other than re-installing all my software and downloading updates. Computers are such fun!

Comment

Quoth Darkforge View Post
                    To be fair, most browsers have tabbed browsing now, even IE.
                    !!! I had no clue! I guess I've just only been stuck on Firefox. Nice to know, thanks!
                    Dull women have immaculate homes.

Comment

Mom has this same problem and it really irks her when she HAS to use IE8 for school. She said she once fixed it in the Tools menu but I don't know what she did. And apparantly the fix didn't stay a fix.

Comment

Working...
                      X