This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Texting phone vs. Blackberry?

I'm getting really sick of paying up $90 a month for my basic calling plan + 200 texts, so I'm looking into switching carriers. Virgin Mobile has a great pay-as-you-go plan that offers unlimited texts, e-mail, data and internet for $25 a month if you buy a phone from their list.

http://www.virginmobileusa.com/cell-phones

The list of texting phones consists of the Kyocera Loft, LG Rumor2, LG Rumor Touch, and Blackberry Curve 8530.

For the Blackberry, service costs an extra $10, and you get all the unlimited texts, e-mail, data and internet plus web-based e-mail, Blackberry Messenger, and Blackberry AppWorld.

I'm debating whether to go with a regular texting phone or to shell out for the Blackberry (at $300, the phone is considerably more expensive than the other options).

Anyone want to convince me one way or another? Have you had especially good experiences with a Blackberry, or do you think a regular texting phone is good enough?
    Last edited by Lindsey; 05-26-2010, 05:34 AM.

"When your deepest thoughts are broken, keep on dreaming, boy; when you stop dreaming it's time to die" -- Blind Melon

I had an LG Neon, and loved it! unfortunately i lost it... and am now using a Razor... *le sigh*

that being said, 2 of my bosses, and at least 1 of my friends have blackberry's and love them... it's more convenient than a laptop, and lets you do pretty much all the same stuff....

I am well versed in the "gentle" art of verbal self-defense

Once is an accident; Twice is coincidence; Thrice is a pattern.

http://www.gofundme.com/treasurenathanwedding

Comment

Quoth Treasure View Post
      I had an LG Neon, and loved it! unfortunately i lost it... and am now using a Razor... *le sigh*

that being said, 2 of my bosses, and at least 1 of my friends have blackberry's and love them... it's more convenient than a laptop, and lets you do pretty much all the same stuff....

Yeah, exactly what makes it look so appealing.. I'd love to be able to keep all my important internet stuff with me all the time! But I'm also investing in a brand spanking new laptop that will hopefully last me the next 4 years. And by next year, my entire campus will be wireless! On the other hand, the new laptop is a 17" screen, which isn't exactly portable..

This is a great deal, but I dunno what to do, haha!

"When your deepest thoughts are broken, keep on dreaming, boy; when you stop dreaming it's time to die" -- Blind Melon

Comment

Working...
      X