This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need computer program ideas

At the college I work at, I'm in charge of the vehicles that we sign out to employees for stuff like training. I have a binder with printed out sheets that show the day and all 4 cars we have. People can reserve a car by either emailing me (though sometimes they email one of the other dispatchers), coming up to the desk, or calling in. I have been having a lot of trouble getting people to write down the information they need to be writing down. They are supposed to write down the person's name, where they are going, and the day that they reserved the car. Two of our cars can only be reserved if you are going over 50 miles away or if the other cars are booked. The other two can go any distance. I'm hoping to try to find a computer program that I can use to keep track of these things. It needs to be incredibly simple to use really. I'm not sure if anyone here knew of one or knew a direction I could look in.
    "Man, having a conversation with you is like walking through a salvador dali painting." - Mac Hall

The Calendar in Outlook, or something similar, would be perfect for that. Track them all as appointments and you'll have everything that you're looking for.

CH
    Some People Are Alive Only Because It Is Illegal To Kill Them

Comment

Quoth crashhelmet View Post
      The Calendar in Outlook, or something similar, would be perfect for that. Track them all as appointments and you'll have everything that you're looking for.

CH
      I agree here. It is doubtful that you would find a program out there to do specifically what you want unless you paid someone to do it (although what you're talking about is very simple).

But, as crashhelmet says, you can use Outlook. My work created accounts for our meeting rooms and projectors and to use them you 'invite' them to the meeting as a participant. Conflicts turn up easily as the resource is booked for the time, and in your case, you should get the person as they should include themselves in the calendar appointment (or you can when you set up for them), all the other details could have particular places in the invite (i.e. the destination as the meeting location). If you were set as the 'owner' of that account you could check all the details were filled in, accept the invitation and all is good to go.

Of course the only thing you then need to look out for is someone else (with permissions on that account) deleting an appointment so they can steal the resource...

Comment

Working...
      X