Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cellphone--changing startup/shutdown sounds?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cellphone--changing startup/shutdown sounds?

I'm getting a bit annoyed with the AT&T "whoosh" startup and shutdown sounds on my phone (Samsung Propel); I don't want to silence that completely, but rather change it to something interesting (proton pack startup/shutdown). I have the sound clips on my phone already, but there doesn't seem to be any options for changing the system sound *grumble*

Is there any way at all to do this that wouldn't involve hacking the firmware, or am I basically out of luck?
    "I am quite confident that I do exist."
    "Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up." The Doctor

I don't think I've seen an option to change that on any of my Nokia phones, which all play the Nokia jingle at some point in the boot process. Except for my ancient 3310, which doesn't have a polyphonic sound chip.

But... my iPhone also stays silent while booting. It just turns on the vibrator briefly when it's almost time to put in the SIM unlock code. Yay for Apple.

Comment

Looks like the only way I can do it is to edit the phone's registry...I've found instructions (using a different Samsung phone, not sure if I can safely apply those to mine) and a Windows Mobile reg editor that can be installed on the phone, but the screen is too small to see full registry paths and I'm afraid I might F something up. I'm pretty sure the Propel can sync to a computer...I need to bring it in for possible battery problems anyway, so I can ask about a data cable (I'd also like to get rid of the 'locked' system ringtones and wallpaper crap I never use).

*growls at AT&T*
      "I am quite confident that I do exist."
      "Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up." The Doctor

Comment

Well, with my Samsung for Verizon, an older flip phone, I just go to the menu, Sound Settings, call sounds, call ringtone, then pick which I want.
        "I've found that when you want to know the truth about someone, that someone is probably the last person you should ask." - House

Comment

Working...
        X