This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• photoshop issues

Have already uninstalled and reinstalled why is photoshop 7 being a b*tch?

i get it running and it comes up fine until i try to open a picture then it freezes and stops responding. grrrr

Is it any picture or just a specific one or maybe even specific format?

CH
    Some People Are Alive Only Because It Is Illegal To Kill Them

Comment

any picture. jpg, gif, png bmp those are the four formats i use

Comment

RAM issue perhaps?

Given what a memory hog Photoshop it may not show up during normal windows operation.

Grab Memtest and loop it to run overnight to see if it comes up with anything
        Lady, people aren't chocolates. D'you know what they are mostly? Bastards. Bastard-coated bastards with bastard filling. Dr Cox - Scrubs

Comment

it may also be the lappy saying no because i am craptastic and hate you so. or that i dunno i should have restarted after reistalling cause i had a brain fart.....(its been a long day sorry)

and uhm. will try memtest but no promises right now. will probably have to run it in the morning all day

Comment

I am very sorry for not getting back to this. the laptop died finally so i just said eff it and put photoshop to the main comp and there are no issues. so any old laptoo posts ignore please as it be ded

Comment

Photoshop can use a lot of resources, so the laptop may simply just not had enough to run it. My old laptop only *just* barely had enough RAM to run CS3, and that was after I added a gig to it.

Eric the Grey
              In memory of Dena - Don't Drink and Drive

Comment

oh the laptop is just effed up beyond belief so i gave up on it to be honest. bet was able to use some parts for scrap or sell it. not sure as I left that up to hubby
                thank you for your help though

Comment

Quoth LexiaFira View Post
                  oh the laptop is just effed up beyond belief so i gave up on it to be honest. bet was able to use some parts for scrap or sell it. not sure as I left that up to hubby
                  thank you for your help though
                  I've heard this before.

SU: "Oh, my laptop is effed up beyond belief I'm just gonna throw it out"
                  Me: "Bah! Watch this."

An hour, a USB drive, maybe a new RAM stick or hard drive later, the machine is running like it's brand new. As long as the motherboard and screen are in good working order you can bring any laptop back to perfect working condition for less than $100, usually much less.

Comment

feel free to try. talk to hubs he started this whole mess

Comment

Working...
                    X