This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dead Zen Micro?

I inherited a dead 5GB Creative Zen Micro from someone, originally I was planning to use it as the sound kit for my proton pack, but mom wants it if I can get the thing to work.

My computer recognizes the player as far as charging via USB but for some reason any attempt at installing the drivers fails (possibly because I already have drivers for my non-micro Zen even though they are not cross-compatible?). Sometimes I can force it into recovery mode, sometimes I can't (doing so results in it freezing during the process). I can't update the firmware because I can't install the drivers.

I'm guessing either the battery, hard drive or both are hosed. Any ideas? The battery is an easy purchase and I've downloaded directions to replace the hard drive with a CF card; seeing as I got this thing for free I'm not too terribly worried about opening it up.
    "I am quite confident that I do exist."
    "Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up." The Doctor

Obvious Question: did you try another computer.

Comment

creative has an mp3 player recovery tool on their website that actually does fix most issues-give it a try-also they have a pretty wide knowledge base, that can be found here
      Honestly.... the image of that in my head made me go "AWESOME!"..... and then I remembered I am terribly strange.-Red dazes

Comment

Working...
      X