This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Firefox Hangs

Firefox has developed a rather annoying habit of hanging on me. I'll be in the middle of reading a website and the pages, tabs and the address bar stop responding. The program still closes normally. Sometimes it fixes itself after I restart the program and sometimes I have to restart the computer. I only recently got a new laptop and I never had this problem with my old laptop. I tried reinstalling Firefox and I also made a change to the timeout time that was suggested by the troubleshooting page, but it hasn't made any difference.

The only addons I use are Noscript and Adblock Plus. I'm running what I think is the basic version of Windows 7 on a low end Toshiba laptop.

It's been somewhat twitchy with me too. From getting stuck while loading pages, to not loading them at all and then me having to refresh. Part of me wants to say its my interwebz fault too
    "This job would be great if it wasn't for the f***** customers." - Randell 'Clerks'

Comment

I should have mentioned, I don't think it is my internet, because it has happened at school and at home.

Comment

I have had a handfull of updates to FF lately.. maybe make sure your Firewall isn't blocking them.
        It's a tough row to hoe, and I'm just the Joe to hoe it.

Comment

They've had a couple of updates. Make sure you have the most recent version.

Usually when you get more than one update in a couple of days, it means the last update introduced some issue they have to patch out.

^-.-^
          Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Working...
          X