This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kindle help?

I downloaded a personal document to my Kindle account at Amazon. I can't seem to get it to complete the transfer to my Kindle. It keeps telling me it's waiting for a WiFi connection. Fine, except that it wants to use my computer network for this and is requesting a password. I don't have a password on that, never have, and I don't know how to set one up.

Alternative is to transfer the document via USB cable. That doesn't seem to work either. I followed the instructions on the Kindle support page at Amazon, several times; the document is still sitting there "waiting for WiFi."

I'm pretty sure I'm doing something wrong, but can't figure out what. I'm not particularly computer-savvy so please use "dumb customer" language!
    When you start at zero, everything's progress.

hold the on/off switch in for 30 seconds to soft reset the device. Will clear up the wifi issue

Comment

Quoth Daskinor View Post
      hold the on/off switch in for 30 seconds to soft reset the device. Will clear up the wifi issue
      Thanks, but it's designed to shut off completely when you hold it for about 7 seconds. I did try shutting off and turning back on. The document is still "waiting for WiFi."
      When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

I've just had to contact Amazon over my kindle which decided it wasn't going to come out of sleep mode, I was advised to hold the switch on for 15 seconds, then let go, a couple of seconds later, the kindle rebooted and all was well.

If you try that and it doesn't work, I can very much recommend contacting the support team by phone via the kindle support pages. I found them to be fantastic and the phone call was on them
        Arp happens!

Just when I was getting used to yesterday, along came today.

Comment

Basically what you need to do is turn it on, then hold the switch in. It will turn off, continue to hold in the switch until the screen flashes twice. Then it should reboot.

Comment

Working...
          X