This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Black screen o' death (iPhone 4)

I...have no idea what I did. I've never owned an iPhone before, so this is very new to me. As it states in the subject line, I have an iPhone 4. I use it constantly for talking, websurfing, and several rounds of Words With Friends, so I'm putting it on the charger every night.

Well, today was no exception. I charged it up last night, and the battery slowly wound down throughout the day from activity. And then something happened that hasn't happened since I got said phone. I was talking to my Dad, telling him I was done with class and needed a ride home. I hang up after said call and it goes to black screen like it always does. I pushed the button to go to the unlock screen, though and....nothing happened. So I started pushing other buttons. And nothing happened.

So I got home, plugged it into the charger, and it's still on black-screen-of-death mode. Is it dead? Does it just need charging?
    "Things that fail to kill me make me level up." ~ NateWantsToBattle, Training Hard (Counting Stars parody)

http://ipod.about.com/od/iphonetroub...set_iphone.htm

Comment

OhthankGod. That worked. Thank you soo much.
      "Things that fail to kill me make me level up." ~ NateWantsToBattle, Training Hard (Counting Stars parody)

Comment

Make sure you do regular back-ups on any smart phone (Iphones especially as contacts aren't saved to the sim).

I always tell my customer to power their smartphones down at least once a week for at least 30 seconds. Glad to hear you got your phone up and running again.

Comment

iPhones are automatically backed up when you sync them in iTunes.
          "We guard the souls in heaven; we don't horse-trade them!" Samandrial in Supernatural

RIP Plaidman.

Comment

That's true, but its just the info. If you want your settings, then you have to back it up. I've done a number of these at work (I'm a phone tech for Australias largest telecommunications company), and checking where the backups are stored, only the back ups from right clicking the device are there, not the syncs.

Comment

Working...
            X