This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question from my son

My son asked me to post this for him. He has an account on here but he's tending to our sick cat. I don't know what any of this mean, but hopefully someone else will.

My son needs a simple utility that allows a desktop computer to boot directly to a terminal server for remote desktop use. (The desktop would be the client.)

Either a live disc or a network boot will work.
    Sometimes life is altered.
    Break from the ropes your hands are tied.
    Uneasy with confrontation.
    Won't turn out right. Can't turn out right

Chances are good this is about as simple as it gets for doing a net boot of a thin client onto a terminal server system.

http://www.ltsp.org/

Comment

can this work with windows terminal server which i already have setup
      Jacob (F&R Computer Man)

Comment

IIRC you need a license to have a real Win Terminal Server to accept thinclient/terminals.

http://www.brianmadden.com/topics/default.aspx
        In my heart, in my soul, I'm a woman for rock & roll.
        She's as fast as slugs on barbituates.

Comment

Using Windows terminal services client, clicking "options" allows for saving a connection setting (including password), this will put a shortcut on the desktop.

Right click and drag this to the startup folder on the Start\Window* button and release, choose "Copy here"

* - Depends on which Windows he has, just hovering over the buttons\folders will open them
          Lady, people aren't chocolates. D'you know what they are mostly? Bastards. Bastard-coated bastards with bastard filling. Dr Cox - Scrubs

Comment

Thanks but i don't want to run a full windows os i just want a network boot or somthiong that i can setup on my server that will make the computer boot into terminal services client
            Jacob (F&R Computer Man)

Comment

I found something 2xThinClientServer it works great thanks everyone
              Jacob (F&R Computer Man)

Comment

Quoth F&R Computer Man View Post
                I found something 2xThinClientServer it works great thanks everyone
                I've personally seen it in action, and it does work wonderfully. The only thing is it doesn't seem to like IE. But Chrome and Firefox work just fine.
                Sometimes life is altered.
                Break from the ropes your hands are tied.
                Uneasy with confrontation.
                Won't turn out right. Can't turn out right

Comment

Working...
                X