This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Firefox 4 address bar question/brainburp

I just upgraded to Firefox 4, and while for the most part I like it (except for the inability to change text color/icon sets independent of Personas) I'm running into a bit of an annoyance.

The dropdown arrow on the address bar no longer works. It used to retain the most recently-visited sites (click on the arrow and get a list), but that doesn't work anymore. Yes, I've checked my History settings and everything's the same as it was in 3.6, so I'm not sure why it's not working the same.
    "I am quite confident that I do exist."
    "Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up." The Doctor

Quoth Dreamstalker View Post
    Yes, I've checked my History settings and everything's the same as it was in 3.6, so I'm not sure why it's not working the same.
    What, exactly, are your current settings for the History and the Location Bar?

Comment

Yeh, that sort of bugs me too. It's still there...... just hidden.

Right-click on either the forward or back buttons (arrows) and you'll get the history list.
      There's no such thing as a stupid question... just stupid people.

Comment

I'm not quite talking about the history; on 3.6, without typing anything in the address bar I could hit the down arrow at the far edge and it would bring up a list of 10 or so frequently-visited homepages. I'll see if I can find a screenshot of what I mean.

Comment

Quoth Dreamstalker View Post
          I'm not quite talking about the history; on 3.6, without typing anything in the address bar I could hit the down arrow at the far edge and it would bring up a list of 10 or so frequently-visited homepages. I'll see if I can find a screenshot of what I mean.
          Which is why I included the request for the settings for the Location Bar. That should be on the Privacy tab in the Preferences.

Comment

History and Bookmarks, same as it's always been.

ETA: Aaaand....all of a sudden it's working now. I didn't change anything
            Last edited by Dreamstalker; 05-09-2011, 01:46 PM.

Comment

Maybe it cleared out an old/cached list when you upgraded? Mine seems to do that every six months or so (still on prior version of FF) whether I like it or not, and whether I've upgraded or not. Revisiting my pages fills it up again.
              "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
              "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
              "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
              "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
              "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
              "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
              Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
              "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Working...
              X