This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Phone service issues

not sure if it goes here as it is tech related but mostly a person/account issue so if this goes to life advice please move. (will notify a mod after done posting)
    TL;DR skip to the purple paragraph at bottom

ok i need help because this is a problem
    When I married and moved in with hubs he had a cell phone with Centennial aka Blue Nation. plan was fairly decent, contract ended and would go month to month. Problem was halfway through his contract AT&T bought the company out and slowly and surely overtook all Centennials stores (i think centennial is mostly in texas and louisiana, locally owned in some towns)
    So that by the time we had had enough AT&T had all but shoved centennial out to a customer service line of 1800. or pay online. And sent out a letter to everyone informing them that previous centennial customers phones would be obsolete and they would HAVE to convert to at&t with no guarantee of an equal or better plan. but of course this being a corporate letter it was worded much more nicely than that. and shortly we got a fed ex envelope with the new phone chip. hubs has yet to send it back because he is being lazy on it.

I think he may have to send it back now for them to finally cut service off but thats worry on my part.
    Last month in april we went to the AT&T store to cancel our services, immediately and curtly told oh they don't handle anything with centennial in a we've washed our hands of them haha tone. you have to call this number.
    we do that as soon as we get home. The jist of it is that it should be canceled in about 30 days when the next bill comes around. ok fine one more bill to pay no problem. well its BEEN 30 days and our old phone is STILL active? WTF? how do I know? because i just called it out of curiosity. hubs wanted to keep it just in case as a non-functioning phone but hand held clock basically.
    it rang the standard four rings then went to voicemail. omg i wish i could kill AT&T for their piss poor handling of the company buyout and how crappy they are taking this changeover of centennial

so do we call back and check with 1800 number because if we have another bill we aren't paying it as it was SUPPOSED to be shut off. will this affect our current new phone due to debt. cause honestly this is partially AT&T's fault but thats just how i feel.

also if we want to pay our bill the centennial website is now at&t's yet it still goes through centennial to pay it yet we have to navigate AT&T's bs to get to it. very frustrating.

my issue is that because of this delay there will be another bill. and its the whole we shouldn't have another bill the old cell phone should have been rendered off by now.
    Went and turned old phone off as sometimes I know it needs to be turned off then on to get the latest updates or commands or whatever the proper term is. only i left it off this time

Comment

I'd file a formal complaint with every regulatory body available.

You should not be required to pay an extra month because AT&T is so god-awful about integration that they can't manage to actually close canceled contracts.

Also, you can contest any payments taken that are a result of their incompetence. You can also contest any credit reports regarding that as well.

I would.

I hate AT&T.

^-.-^
      Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Thank you Andara. Felt dumb asking this. Having not had to deal with bad phone service before where my options to report were so limited that I had no clue what to do.
        Hubs had to call it in as its his name on the phone and I already knew if I had access or not it has to be from him or they won't authorize anything.
        I have one friend who works in an AT&T calling center dealing with people late on their bills -they call him - and alot of people buy the big expensive plans, don't use over half of it and can't seem to understand they are paying for what they don't use/need and are living outside their means as well. Then wonder why AT&T is angry at them as payment arrangements have been made and broken repeatedly.

(Not that it makes it any better but yes, dislike AT&T as well, mostly because they had been over charging for the house phone)

Comment

Working...
        X