This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Data recovery of SD CARD

So my brother is an idiot. The camera said low battery change batteries when he was using the camera after my sisters wedding. Without turning the camera off, he pulls the batteries. now the SD card has no images, even when I put it directly into my laptop

Wondering, does anyone have a favorite FREE program for recovering deleted data? I know it was a trek last time I looked for a program to recovery off a flashdrive, and I would rather limit my spyware I need to install.

Thanks in advance.
    I'm sorry reading is not a new concept it has been widely taught in our nation for at least the past 100 years. Please, learn to do it CORRECTLY before you become contagious.

I found this when I was having problems with my computer and it ended up corrupting all of my photos. I was able to get almost all of them from recoverable media, but the last ones were once on my SD card, which I erased. This recovered 95% of all the pictures that were on that SD card!

I did research on this company for a college presentation, and found that they were contracted for recovery of all the computer data at the World Trade Center after 9/11!
    Last edited by RichS; 06-15-2011, 03:05 PM. Reason: Fixed HTML tag...

Comment

Looks sufficiently legit to me. So long as the card only has a corrupted FAT and is not completely dead, it shuld do the trick.

If you can, get someone with a raw-copier or a Linux box to take an image of the card before running any utilities on it. That'll give you a second chance in case something goes wrong.

Comment

I usually use this tool for recovering files, they will not be in any kind of order, but they should be there
        "My experience has taught me one thing. A shaved cat is much angrier than an unshaved cat."
        Chester Holiday Apartment

Comment

In that vein what about recovering photos from an external hard drive where the file system appears to be corrupted? IE: folders show up but are empty.
          https://www.youtube.com/user/HedgeTV
          Great YouTube channel check it out!

Comment

I would use the same tool I posted above, it just looks for file indicators so it should work as long as the media is not totally dead.
            "My experience has taught me one thing. A shaved cat is much angrier than an unshaved cat."

Comment

Well, I have a linux box, what commands would I use to backup the card..... the problem is I did use the old version I had of the posted program.... It could see the picutre my brother took and deleted but, all the other images are nowhere to be found. And for obvious reasons I don't want to paste something to the card to see if it works
              I'm sorry reading is not a new concept it has been widely taught in our nation for at least the past 100 years. Please, learn to do it CORRECTLY before you become contagious.

Comment

to make a full backup you need to find what device your SD card is on your system then you can use dd to copy everything on it for example.
                Code:
                dd if=/dev/sda1 of=/home/user/file

Comment

You can find out the device for the card by running "dmesg | tail -n20" a few seconds after plugging it in.

Ideally you should first turn off any automounting facility your Linux distro has.

Comment

Working...
                  X