This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MY HP MINI LAPTOP MONITOR!!

So I got home from work yesterday, cued up the mini so I could work on Wedding photos and I've got angry multicoloured vertical lines on the far right side of the display. After some research and fiddling with it on google, I did a screen cap and it looks like a hardware issue rather than a software issue. Since when I do a screen cap, my entire desktop is visible.

I do have a 2 year warranty on this little beastie, but I'm scared they're going to accuse me of dropping it and not honour the warranty. There's no cracks or scratches on the monitor of any sort. I haven't the foggiest idea how it happened...

Thoughts??

Quoth Retail's Bitch View Post

So I got home from work yesterday, cued up the mini so I could work on Wedding photos and I've got angry multicoloured vertical lines on the far right side of the display. After some research and fiddling with it on google, I did a screen cap and it looks like a hardware issue rather than a software issue. Since when I do a screen cap, my entire desktop is visible.

I do have a 2 year warranty on this little beastie, but I'm scared they're going to accuse me of dropping it and not honour the warranty. There's no cracks or scratches on the monitor of any sort. I haven't the foggiest idea how it happened...

Thoughts??
    It seems to be a common problem with hp net books. It seems to be caused by the cable between the base and screen being too tight.

Follow your warranty procedure and see what hp or the retailer says. If you have any bother contact trading standards (or equiv in your area). However you shouldn't have too much of an issue.

If you have stuff on the machine you need off you can always connect it to a monitor from a desktop.
    Not y3k compatible

Comment

Ok Thanks!!!

Comment

Working...
      X