This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• itunes question

Might be a stupid question but my search on Google and itunes didn't answer it...

My uncle was telling me about a movie he watched so I looked it up and found the website for it. Theres a link to buy it on itunes but when you click the link its no longer on itunes.... This got me to thinking, what if I bought a movie and then itunes stopped selling it? Would I still have my copy or would it be removed too?

I use to have a big movie collection on VHS then DVD... Figured this would be better since I own an ipod touch, and will be soon getting an ipad and or maybe an iphone when my current phones contract is up...

But if I would lose movies if they stopped selling them and removed them from my collection I am not so sure...

AFAIK, you can either buy or rent movies with iTunes. Typically when you buy, you also download the movie. I think as long as you keep that movie on your hard drive somewhere, you should still have it if whoever made it decides to withdraw it.

Comment

Thanks.... I never rent a movie anymore.. I would rather own it so I can watch it again when I feel like it...

Comment

Not me. I only purchase a movie if I've seen it before. Renting them first is a good way to tell if it's something I want to own or not.
        Customers should always be served . . . to the nearest great white.

Comment

Well, another end of the problem, you pay for movie, your harddrive dies, will you be able to redownload the movie if they aren't selling it anymore or is it all gone for good?
          I'm sorry reading is not a new concept it has been widely taught in our nation for at least the past 100 years. Please, learn to do it CORRECTLY before you become contagious.

Comment

Quoth underemployeed View Post
            Well, another end of the problem, you pay for movie, your harddrive dies, will you be able to redownload the movie if they aren't selling it anymore or is it all gone for good?
            That's why it's always a good idea to keep a separate backup of just about anything you don't want to lose if your harddrive goes belly-up. Because I doubt the company is going to keep a copy of the movie (or other media) around just in case you need to redownload it in the future. I know the small handful of mp3s I've bought from Walmart.com are no longer available on their site for download at all, so it's a good thing I have backups of them.
            "Enough expository banter. It's time we fight like men. And ladies. And ladies who dress like men. For Gilgamesh...IT'S MORPHING TIME!"
            - Gilgamesh, Final Fantasy V

Comment

Quoth Kogarashi View Post
              Because I doubt the company is going to keep a copy of the movie (or other media) around just in case you need to redownload it in the future.
              Interestingly, Steam seems to do just that for games they are no longer selling. Currently, Steam is in a pissing match with Electronic Arts, and has pulled some of EA's games. If you already bought it from Steam, the option to download it to the same account again is still there, so far.
              The Rich keep getting richer because they keep doing what it was that made them rich. Ditto the Poor.
              "Hy kan tell dey is schmot qvestions, dey is makink my head hurt."
              Hoc spatio locantur.

Comment

Steam wins the Awesomeness Award, then.
                "Enough expository banter. It's time we fight like men. And ladies. And ladies who dress like men. For Gilgamesh...IT'S MORPHING TIME!"
                - Gilgamesh, Final Fantasy V

Comment

Working...
                X