Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Newest Windows Media, how to transfer to MP3 player?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Newest Windows Media, how to transfer to MP3 player?

I used to have no problem with this, but last month I had to have the computer completely cleaned out and rebooted, so when they reinstalled everything, it was the latest versions. Now when I try to copy songs from media player to my Fuze, the music doesn't show up on the player. They're not illegal downloads either, it's stuff I purchased from Amazon.
    The greatest thing you'll ever learn is just to love and be loved in return.

Quick guess before someone more knowledgeable comes along. Are you sure you're Copying the files, and not just the playlists. A friend from work did just that.

Comment

I'm copying single songs. I really, really hate updates. Why fix something that ain't broke?

Comment

How are you copying them? Using drag-drop within WMP?
        There's no such thing as a stupid question... just stupid people.

Comment

With the version that's now on my PC, there doesn't seem to be a drag and drop option anymore. You select your device from a drop down menu after choosing the music you want, and then click copy. It goes through the motions, says copy complete, you may now disconnect your device, but when I go to 'recently added' on the MP3 player, there isn't anything new there.

Comment

That doesn't make sense. You can't just open two different windows and try to drag and drop between them?

Comment

I can't seem to locate a folder for Sansa Fuze anymore.

Comment

This is a long shot and may not apply to your situation at all...

If you upgraded Windows from XP to Win7 try looking in a folder named WINDOWS.OLD for the Sanza Fuse folder and files. Then transfer it manually to the location your program is expecting them to be or map to that location in your application.
                The best karma is letting a jerk bash himself senseless on the wall of your polite indifference.

The stupid is strong with this one.

Comment

In a related note to Patiokitty's answer, my iPod Shuffle only shows up as a folder elsewhere if I've told iTunes to mark it as a removable drive rather than specifically an mp3 player (basically, set it to "disk management" within iTunes). Might your Fuze require something similar?
                  "Enough expository banter. It's time we fight like men. And ladies. And ladies who dress like men. For Gilgamesh...IT'S MORPHING TIME!"
                  - Gilgamesh, Final Fantasy V

Comment

Working...
                  X