This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• iTunes/iPod Touch Question

I was wondering if I put songs on the iPod from my library, would it affect those songs on the iPod that have been removed from the library? If that's the case, I have the songs backed up but I want to know if I need to put them back on the library so I can keep them on the iPod and add the new songs.
    My Fanfic Page
    My Fiction Page
    My Social Group
    My Pet Social Group
    My You Tube Channel

It may benefit you just to sync the iPod touch with the library, back all the songs and stuff on to CD or DVD, and go from there. You don't want to lose stuff from the library that's only on the iPod ?Touch, only to resync it and have your iPod song list replaced ONLY with what you have in the library.

Comment

Songs have already been backed on CD. I took care of that before I removed them from the library and they're also still backed up on the laptop.
      My Fanfic Page
      My Fiction Page
      My Social Group
      My Pet Social Group
      My You Tube Channel

Comment

If the ones that are on your iPod are no longer on the library, and you need to recover them, I'd look around for some shareware or freeware tools on the net that can grab whatever is on the iPod and put them back on to your computer. I had to do that when I got a used iPod video and found songs on it. I didn't want to delete anything I thought may be good, so I used some tool to grab the stuff off of there. Unfortunately that was a few years back and don't remember the software I used.

As long as everything is backed up, you should be good. I'm going through a similar issue where I reloaded OS X on to my hackintosh, but it can't reload all of the aps i purchased back on to my iPhone. I have them backed up, even in multiple locations, but I fear the hassle of having to re-download stuff or try to get the apps to work again.

Comment

I got the songs on with no problems. Thanks.
          My Fanfic Page
          My Fiction Page
          My Social Group
          My Pet Social Group
          My You Tube Channel

Comment

Quoth emax4 View Post
            If the ones that are on your iPod are no longer on the library, and you need to recover them, I'd look around for some shareware or freeware tools on the net that can grab whatever is on the iPod and put them back on to your computer. I had to do that when I got a used iPod video and found songs on it. I didn't want to delete anything I thought may be good, so I used some tool to grab the stuff off of there. Unfortunately that was a few years back and don't remember the software I used.
            This is something I need to do at some point in my life....what do you suggest as a good search for something like that?
            https://www.youtube.com/user/HedgeTV
            Great YouTube channel check it out!

Comment

I forget where i found it, if I had typed it in to a google search bar or if I went right to download.com. I had it set up on my Mac, so it was a mac program, that I do remember.

I would try download.com if you're on a PC, and www.pure-mac.com (not updated in a while but plentiful) if you're on a Mac. Because of my Hackintosh setup I can't download anything from the AppStore yet, and I don't think any third-party apps are available right from Apple's website anymore. You might try search for "song recovery" or something similar, basically something that won't just re-format the iPod's hard drive.

Comment

Yeah I'm on a pc....I guess I'll see what I can figure out thanks.
                https://www.youtube.com/user/HedgeTV
                Great YouTube channel check it out!

Comment

Emax, the program was probably Senuti. $18 but worth it.
                  Success is not final, failure is not fatal: It is the courage to continue that counts.-Winston Churchill

Comment

Working...
                  X