Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Skype is doing this annoying thing where the Skype window just opens randomly in front of whatever the hell I'm doing, does anyone know how to make it stop?

Just to be clear, the problem I have isn't Skype starting up with my computer, I figured out how to disable that on my own.
    The High Priest is an Illusion!

Do you have Skype installed anywhere else? I've found that if it's running on both my computer and my phone at the same time (even if one is logged off), it tends to act a bit weird.

Also, check to see if there are any incoming notifications. If you have it running but minimized, it's possible some form of notification is coming in that is causing it to become the active window.

And, last but not least, check your hotkeys. They're the bottom option under the Advanced tab in the Tools menu. There shouldn't be anything there that would do that, but it's worth a look.

^-.-^
    Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

No hotkeys, not installed on anything else, it doesn't appear to be giving me notifications.

It's not a huge problem, 'cause it doesn't happen all that often, but it's incredible irritating if I'm watching a movie, or playing a game and forgot to quit.

Comment

I would guess that it is either an updater of some sort, or it thinks it is losing it's network connection temporarily and is taking focus whenever it reconnects.

Comment

Quoth suburbandecay View Post
          I would guess that it is either an updater of some sort, or it thinks it is losing it's network connection temporarily and is taking focus whenever it reconnects.
          Hmm, it does constantly lie to me when I'm chatting with my BF, telling me we have a bad connection and to wait while it tries to get the call back, with absolutely no interruption to the call.

Comment

My Skype does similar...If it's loaded, it will just decide it wants attention at random, and pop in front of everything else...will post if I find a fix for it, 'tis annoying

Comment

One more reason I generally don't leave Skype open unless I'm actively planning to talk to someone via it. My chat-program of choice is AIM, and most people I know either have AIM or have compatible chat programs. Plus I can use it to send texts to my sisters' phones without having to shell out the extra cash (since we don't have a data plan).
              "Enough expository banter. It's time we fight like men. And ladies. And ladies who dress like men. For Gilgamesh...IT'S MORPHING TIME!"
              - Gilgamesh, Final Fantasy V

Comment

Working...
              X