Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Firefox Crashing (latest major update)

This seems to be a "known issue" even since the last non0beta FF upgrade -- I have 7.0.1 -- but every article I've dug up on it thus far seems to indicate a different cause. I was just wondering if anyone else has had this issue:

- Right after the update, I noticed that going into my Gmail would crash the browser. Not gmail.com, but specifically the view where I see my list of emails.

- A couple of days ago, it started happening with other sites, as well -- note that the sites it picks as "unstable" seem to be random, but once a given site causes a crash, that specific site will crash every time

- I use NoScript, AVG, SpyBot regularly and keep them updated

Any ideas?
    "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
    "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
    "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
    "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
    "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
    "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
    Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
    "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

I get that issue every now and then with Chrome. Usually a reinstall fixes things. Maybe it might work in your case.

Comment

I would guess the problem would be noscript. Have you tried disabling it?

Comment

I saw that FF had v8.0 now -- tried that and it *seems* to be behaving for now.

The thing is, I had FF setup to alert me when new releases come out >_> and I only knew because I happened upon their site. Odd.

Then again, their definition of "major update" (meaning, the first number changes) is kinda flaky, imho...I'm used to a "major revision" meaning the difference between, say Windows XP and w7, or Office 2003 vs 2007/2010...With FF and their promise of "X new versions un a year", it looks to me more like they're just saying "Hey guys! New month! Bump up that version number!" -- The only significant change I've seen this year that I use every day (aside from the memory bloat -- er, I mean, 'speed improvements' ) has been the Tabs overhaul. The changes that came in then warranted a new version number; v8 should be called v5.5.x instead...
        "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
        "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
        "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
        "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
        "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
        "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
        Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
        "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Working...
        X