This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SpyBot S&D help

a couple of weeks ago I noticed that after I have downloaded updates to Spybot I can no longer perform the Immunize function. Usually what I would do is right click on the shortcut on my Desktop and select Run as Administrator, d/l the updates, do the immunize and everything was fine. this is the way it has worked for me with Win XP, Vista and now 7.

The Immunize function requires running the program under an administrator (but my account is set up as an admin so I am not sure why I can not run it either way).

anyway I could not longer run the program (via the shortcut) under Adminstrator. when I clicked Run as Admin nothing happened and Spybot failed to launch. I could run the program via shortcut and d/l the updates and run a scan (even that I suspect now as not having run properly).

I uninstalled Spybot and made sure to delete off the program folder and ran a registry cleanup program to make sure I got everything cleaned off. I then reinstalled Spybot and nothing has changed.

My anti-virus and MBAM scans are clean. I can, however, go to the Spybot folder and run the SDMain .exe program under Administrator and everything works fine.

Any thoughts????
    I'm lost without a paddle and headed up SH*T creek.
    -- Life Sucks Then You Die.

"I'll believe corp. are people when Texas executes one."

Yeah, Spybot now requires "run as administrator" for some functions, I suppose it's changing certain files that require such permission. Until the author figures out how to make it escalate privileges internally (with a security pop-up), you'll have to update, close it, then re-run as admin.

Comment

Working...
    X