Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why not add the 40g (the unallocated) and about 100g from the D section?

Add that up to about 170g and start there. There will be a lot of space for both the C and the D- D will have 700g left and have enough room to be happy.

Start there.

If you start up the app, you can click a link for tutorial / help on the left hand side (IIRC) and you can see more stuff online
    In my heart, in my soul, I'm a woman for rock & roll.
    She's as fast as slugs on barbituates.

Comment

Okay - what now?

Comment

What do you mean what now?

you make the C: drive equal about 200g, moving the stuff to do so, what is the question, I'm confused.

Comment

The instructions are labeled "Part I", and they talk about shrinking D - now, how is the memory allocated to C?

Comment

I am so sorry!!! Somehow my instructions didn't get all the way in there. God damn....
            I'm sorry.
            Read here:
            Shrink D
            Click the Resize/Move button on the tool bar.

In the new window, go to the left of the green bar and notice the I bar shaped cursor. Scoot that to the right, to shrink D. The bar moves and you see the white space shrinking. When you feel it's ok, stop.
            http://customerssuck.com/board/attac...1&d=1348792237

Note: this app can go 2 or 3 steps in one shot, you don't have to do a task and wait for it.

Now the gray/unallocated space between C and D has expanded - the shrinking of D.
            The pop up window is still there.

Click the Resize/Move button on your little pop up window. This marks this as a task to do.

Go to the View Menu on the top bar, drop it down.

Make sure the box of Pending Operations is clicked. http://customerssuck.com/board/cobalt/attach/jpg You can now see what this app has to do so far.
            Expand C

Double click on the C drive.

Click the Resize/Move button on the tool bar.

It now has dashes around it and a small popup window too.

In the new window, go to the RIGHT of the green bar into the white space. Notice the I bar shaped cursor.

Drag that I bar to the right, into the gray/unallocated space between the drives, as far as you want. http://customerssuck.com/board/attac...1&d=1348792237 the pic of Shrink 1 is good, see the green edge on the right side of the bar, and the gray area? Expand the right green bar to the right. Just pull.

This should make the white part in the bar expand.

When you are satisfied, click the Resize/Move button on your little pop up window. This marks this as a task to do.http://customerssuck.com/board/cobalt/attach/jpg.gif

You should now see both tasks in the bottom part of the main window.

Go to the Edit Menu on the top bar, drop it down.

Select Apply All Operations.
            http://customerssuck.com/board/cobalt/attach/jpg.gif

This will start up the changes to be done. The bottom frame, across the whole window, will have 2 tasks to do. Shrink D, expand C.

I don't know how long it will take, it depends on a lot of things. You could still surf and do stuff, as this is a (limited) working OS. Probably a few hours.

So, there you have it.
            Attached Files
            Last edited by Der Cute; 09-28-2012, 12:38 AM. Reason: fixing extentions and pics

Comment

Again, I apologize! I was actually in that OS, taking pics, and creating a post here thru FF. Dunno what happened to it, maybe Raps nommed on it for a snack? Whatever the reason, I'm sorry.

Oh, btw, I suck at adding these pics to the stuff. How can I get an IMAGE to sit between paragraphs? Does the image have to be @ url, not my local machine?

Comment

Quoth Der Cute View Post
                Again, I apologize! I was actually in that OS, taking pics, and creating a post here thru FF. Dunno what happened to it, maybe Raps nommed on it for a snack? Whatever the reason, I'm sorry.

Oh, btw, I suck at adding these pics to the stuff. How can I get an IMAGE to sit between paragraphs? Does the image have to be @ url, not my local machine?
                On this software, afraid so.

Rapscallion

Comment

Okay!

I think I understand the procedure now. F9 is the Boot Menu on my computer, I discovered from checking the CD to make sure it had everything it needed.

A few hours, eh? Well, when I bought the hard drive, formatting that thing took, oh, about six hours. Man, that was one long haul. And boring.

I'm going to see what I have in cloud storage, what I DON'T have in cloud storage, what would be best to have in cloud storage, then cross my fingers and take the plunge.

Comment

Update.

I found the CD with the program on it, after attempting to boot off a blank CD. I then went through several others before finding the right one.

All went well with the D partitioning.

Then I double-clicked on C.

A little yellow triangle came up, with an exclamation point in it, and a LONG string of sentences.

Here's the gist of it:

Filesystem check failed! Totally 64 cluster accounting mismatches.

And:

ERROR: NTFS is inconsistent. Run chkdsk/f on Windows then reboot it TWICE!

So. What's the problem, and what do I do about it? Keep in mind, I didn't continue with the repartitioning after seeing those warnings.

Comment

• Another update.

I looked up "run chkdsk/f" and followed the instructions. I couldn't run chkdsk/f while the drives were in operation, so I clicked on the option to run it the next time the computer boots up.

Any advice on what else to do?

Comment

• When it boots up and starts running the chkdsk, CANCEL IT.

You want to run chkdsk /f /r the r is for repair.

Get back to windows os. Open command line box. (start menu, that run line on bottom, type cmd)
                        Black box opens. type chkdsk /f /r in there and hit enter. Go do laundry it takes a bit.

Comment

• GOD THIS IS SO FRUSTRATING!

I canceled the disk check. I opened the Command window. I entered chkdsk/f/r.

Access denied as you do not have sufficient privileges. You have to invoke this utility running in elevated mode.

I think I know, now, why Mr. Computer Guy hasn't answered any of my emails. I think he's hiding from me. And I can see why.

Comment

• Open the Command window by finding it in the Programs menu, right-clicking it and selecting "Open as Administrator".

Comment

• Okay, got the window open by clicking the "Run as" option. Now, I have left it open, because I'm surfing, and I don't want to close down all the windows while this thing does what it does.

Comment

• fine and dandy honey. Just chillax and tell the puter you love it.

I'm sorry I should have told you to use Admin for the cmd. /slapself

Comment

Working...
                                X