This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IE WTF??

I can't bring up anything on IE. It opens a window but doesn't go to my homepage (Google). Can't get it to bring any other sites up either. I can get the "Windows is checking for solutions..." box, it runs for a bit and then disappears without giving me any info.

So I'm using Firefox. But I can't get my hotmail account to actually DO anything when I use Firefox. I can open my inbox but that's it. Can't delete any emails, can't open any emails.

I keep hearing how Firefox is superior to IE but I always have problems with it.

Any ideas on why I can't get IE to work??
    When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Try this:

1) Go to Tools (either a menu or a gear-looking drop-down depending on the version of IE)

2) Internet Options...

3) Connections Tab

4) LAN Settings

Under proxy settings, if the box "Use a proxy server for your LAN" is marked, and you don't know it should be, try unchecking it and restarting IE. This is a common thing for some redirecting viruses to change. If this works, run a good scan on your computer, as you likely have some virus and/or spyware that snuck in.
    The Rich keep getting richer because they keep doing what it was that made them rich. Ditto the Poor.
    "Hy kan tell dey is schmot qvestions, dey is makink my head hurt."
    Hoc spatio locantur.

Comment

Quoth Geek King View Post
      Try this:

1) Go to Tools (either a menu or a gear-looking drop-down depending on the version of IE)

2) Internet Options...

3) Connections Tab

4) LAN Settings

Under proxy settings, if the box "Use a proxy server for your LAN" is marked, and you don't know it should be, try unchecking it and restarting IE. This is a common thing for some redirecting viruses to change. If this works, run a good scan on your computer, as you likely have some virus and/or spyware that snuck in.
      It's back up today.

I use CCleaner once a week, but I'll do another more thorough scan. Something's off. Thanks.
      When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Also, download Chrome! It's much better than both IE & FF
        Ne auderis delere orbem rigidum meum! - Don't you dare erase my hard disk!

This is Tech Support, not Customer Service.
        What's the difference?
        We're allowed to tell you "no".

Comment

Go to Tools -> Add-on settings, and disable everything but Flash - it'll probably solve your problem.

Comment

Working...
          X