This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No CD Burn?

So I'm trying to burn some audio CD's on my new computer. But my car's CD player won't read them! The computers recognize the info on the disc, but not a player. And I'm not sure what the disconnect is here. Any ideas?

The burner on my comp is an hp dvd rw ad-7251h5 driver, if that helps.
    My NaNo page

My author blog

First, make sure you're burning an audio CD, and not just burning MP3 files onto the disc. (Some car stereos *will* read that, but it'll have an MP3 on the faceplate somewhere.)

Second, try a different brand/type of CD-R disc. Different manufacturers use different dyes, and your stereo may read one better than others. Try a CD-R rather than a CD-RW, too.

Comment

Also, make sure the burning software completes all steps successfully. I had some music CDs I tried to burn once that failed on the "finalizing" step (or whatever the program called it), so while a computer could read it, they failed in any CD player I tried.
      "Enough expository banter. It's time we fight like men. And ladies. And ladies who dress like men. For Gilgamesh...IT'S MORPHING TIME!"
      - Gilgamesh, Final Fantasy V

Comment

Check what format your files are in (stored on the machine)
        If they are .mp3 or .ogg or .flac they will not work on a CD player for a car.
        Car needs .wav
        Burning software can convert files then burn

Make sure format is correct
        Make sure CD is CD-R
        Make sure the burner works in general (does it even play a cd in it -can it SEE anything)
        Get a blank CD. Make sure no scratches on the top of it.
        Try burn at normal/ default speed (32x) if the car does not recognize that, try a 24x or 16x. Slower speed = slower burn = longer time to create BUT can be easier for hardware to see it.

Come back, tell us what software and version of it.
        and what exactly do you want, music on a cd to play in a general car stereo? Is the stereo a factory one?
        In my heart, in my soul, I'm a woman for rock & roll.
        She's as fast as slugs on barbituates.

Comment

How old is the CD player? Early generations could only cope with the reflectance levels & ratios of the retail pressed CDs.

Another thing that has bit me (not as often now, but the malady still exists) is that damn near every audio/video player CD/DVD burner/ripper wants to insert its own hooks in the registry for the hardware and they all start playing "Who's on First?"
          I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
          Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
          Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

@ Dale- those are rare, in my experience. I think those have been outdated/killed by now. And wasn't the cd needing a specific DRM code at the beginning of it, not the reflection, for the playback?

Comment

I've been trying to get to the store to get new CD-Rs, but haven't had time. We had a bunch of HP's CD-R's in the house.

My files are all mp3's or wma's, and I generally use Windows Media Player to burn CDs. Never had an issue until this new computer. In fact, all the old burned CDs work in the car, just not the new ones. I also tried using Cyberlink Power2Go (some program that came on the computer) and the car rejected that CD as well.

I want a music CD to play in my car's CD player. The car's a 2002 Toyota Camry. It's still the factory CD player.
              My NaNo page

My author blog

Comment

Hm.
                Curious, any other puters to burn a disc on?
                Wait. Old CD's work, not these.
                Questions:
                Are the old CDs different brand?
                What kind are they, CD-RW or CD-R?
                What are the new ones? (brand and kind, CD-R?)
                Sure they're not DVD's?
                Try burning at a slower speed, like 24x or 16x if you can, instead of the default speed on the WMP.
                For shits and giggles, try burning one song on the disc. Then test that in the car (so you don't waste time for a whole batch of songs).

Comment

Another thought: are the new CD's possibly dirty? And the CD Rom on the PC, is it clean?

Comment

Got new CD's, put Windows Media Player at slow burn and WPL format and the disc worked! So, thanks guys!
                    My NaNo page

My author blog

Comment

Yay! Glad it was just the CD's.

Comment

So am I. I have no idea how I would have fixed it (cheaply) if it were any other kind of problem.
                        My NaNo page

My author blog

Comment

Working...
                        X