Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Simple tech question pleeeeaase help me?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Simple tech question pleeeeaase help me?

I am so stupid. My friend gave me an android tablet w/ a bunch of stuff installed. I trashcanned it, accidently including my browser icon. I can get to it by pushing the windows button and E on the keyboard, then clicking browser on the resulting icon list. But how can I get back a browser icon? I'd like it on my home screen. Thanks, The Computer Ditz
    "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Quoth Food Lady View Post
    I can get to it by pushing the windows button and E on the keyboard, then clicking browser on the resulting icon list. But how can I get back a browser icon? I'd like it on my home screen. Thanks, The Computer Ditz
    Next time you do it this way try Right clicking on the resulting icon and see if there is an option 'send to' and if so there might be a 'Desktop' that might work.
    Engaged to the amazing Marmalady. She is my Silver Dragon, shining as bright as the sun. I her Black Dragon (though good honestly), dark as night..fierce and strong.

Comment

You should be able to touch and hold the screen, then choose either widget , application, then from there or it might be right there on the list

Comment

Quoth Mytical View Post
        Next time you do it this way try Right clicking on the resulting icon and see if there is an option 'send to' and if so there might be a 'Desktop' that might work.
        There's no mouse to right-click with.

Comment

Quoth 24601 View Post
          You should be able to touch and hold the screen, then choose either widget , application, then from there or it might be right there on the list
          It's not there. It's on the ap list. My options are uninstall (unclickable) or forced stop. I can try to post a screenshot if it would help.

Comment

Could try to re down load it from IE itself. Do a web search for IE 9 or is it 10 now? Try redownloading it?
            Engaged to the amazing Marmalady. She is my Silver Dragon, shining as bright as the sun. I her Black Dragon (though good honestly), dark as night..fierce and strong.

Comment

At least I can get to it via the home button.

Comment

I have an android tablet - I just put up a bookmarked page icon and set it to google :-) I don't know if that will help or not though!

Side note... I LOVE MY GALAXY TAB! Just sayin' :-)

Comment

You have to do it from the home screen, it's how you add shortcuts. The same way you held the icon to trashcan them, just choose a blank spot on the home screen and hold. My Android tablet is charging (just found where daughter hid it) or I'd take pics. I can later if you need me to.

Comment

Is it still in your App Drawer? If you are still able to use it through various means, it should still be in there. Long press on the icon in the app drawer, then drag out to the desktop.

Comment

...Your tablet is dreaming of electric sheep...
                      I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
                      Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
                      Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

I wonder if the same thing used for Android smartphones would work on the tablet? (I has droid phone, but no tablets)

On a blank spot on the home page, press and hold for a second until a menu to "Add to home screen" comes up. Then go to shortcut/applications and scroll down until you see Browser. Should add it back to the home screen.. IF it works like the phones do.
                        If I make no sense, I apologize. I'm constantly interrupted by an actual toddler.

Comment

Working...
                        X