This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ok, iPad strange

At about 6pm cst I started hear a strange beeping sound I'd never heard before. Finally I realized that my iPad was making the sound. But the volume was off! and I hadn't touched it for several minutes. I got to unlock it and the a message on the screen saying "ive found you with find my iPhone" or something to that affect. Here's the thing- that app was never installed on my device. I figured it was just a push notification from some game or something, so I didn't give it much thought because I was busy. However abut two hours later at 8pm CST I sat down if figure this out.
    I installed find my iPhone on to my iPad, but it had been installed on another divce with our app acct---- ok I literally just figured this out while typing. So I'm going to go ahead and post this so all may see.
    Thing number 2 has an itouch. Apparently he thought it be funny to send a weird message to my iPad. but why doesn't my iPad keep logs of these messages? WTF?
    At least the message wasn't dirty.....

"Find my iPhone" isn't an app you have to install directly on the device in order to use the 'Find my iPhone" (or in this case, iPad) locator online. The app is just a way to access that function to locate another device, for instance, if you have an iPhone and an iPad and lost one of them, you could use the app on the other to find the misisng one.

HOWEVER, from what I understand, the only way that anyone can use that feature is to have your Apple ID and password (ie, your iTunes account login). So unless you gave your login infor to someone else then you might want ot contact Apple because your account may have been compromised.
    "We guard the souls in heaven; we don't horse-trade them!" Samandrial in Supernatural

RIP Plaidman.

Comment

Quoth violiavampyr View Post
      I got to unlock it and the a message on the screen saying "ive found you with find my iPhone" or something to that affect. Here's the thing- that app was never installed on my device.
      That part doesn't require installing an app on your iPad, just turning on "Find My iPad" in the iCloud settings.
      Quoth violiavampyr View Post
      Thing number 2 has an itouch. Apparently he thought it be funny to send a weird message to my iPad. but why doesn't my iPad keep logs of these messages? WTF?
      Their premise is that the owner was the one using the app. Anyway, it should have sent an email to the account you use for this.

Comment

Quoth Argus View Post
        Their premise is that the owner was the one using the app. Anyway, it should have sent an email to the account you use for this.
        It doesn't have to as you can switch that feature off, both myself and the missus use find my iphone to find whether each other have left work (it's not easy for either to use a phone at work).

Best bet is as above, change your iTunes password, watch the account it takes money from like a hawk and possibly contact Apple.

If you want to play with find my iphone go to www.icloud.com login with your iTunes ID and hit find my phone. It works on iPhones, iPads and certain Apple Mac computers.
        Not y3k compatible

Comment

Working...
        X